Weekly deposit run via the website rather than MLS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
EarloftheWest

Weekly deposit run via the website rather than MLS

Post by EarloftheWest »

My Ward Clerk and I were chatting about how the website seems to be doing almost everything that MLS does except for allowing the weekly processing of deposits.
I'm guessing that once that has been added to the website, MLS will probably be end of lifed.

Can anyone offer any insight into when the website will allow weekly processing of deposits?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Weekly deposit run via the website rather than MLS

Post by russellhltn »

We're rarely told these things in advance. I remember hearing that MLS will always be around for a few units world-wide that doesn't have suitable internet for doing things on-line.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Unless in my humble opinion, the reliability of Church websites especially LCR on Sundays improves dramatically, MLS won’t be discontinued for quite a while yet!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Biggles wrote:Unless in my humble opinion, the reliability of Church websites especially LCR on Sundays improves dramatically, MLS won’t be discontinued for quite a while yet!
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. MLS continues to provide two essential functions (deposits and checks), which must be available regardless of network or server status. MLS also continues to support the creation and naming of budget and Other:AMFA categories, but they are not time-sensitive functions.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
EarloftheWest

Post by EarloftheWest »

drepouille wrote:
Biggles wrote:Unless in my humble opinion, the reliability of Church websites especially LCR on Sundays improves dramatically, MLS won’t be discontinued for quite a while yet!
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. MLS continues to provide two essential functions (deposits and checks), which must be available regardless of network or server status. MLS also continues to support the creation and naming of budget and Other:AMFA categories, but they are not time-sensitive functions.
Ah, yes. Good points. Thank you. I did notice that the website has a tab called process checks. Although we haven't tried it yet, I'm assuming that the clerk would download the checks from the website as PDF and print them at the clerk's office. The instructions seemed to indicate that's how it works.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

EarloftheWest wrote:I did notice that the website has a tab called process checks. Although we haven't tried it yet, I'm assuming that the clerk would download the checks from the website as PDF and print them at the clerk's office. The instructions seemed to indicate that's how it works.
That is correct. You can print checks from LCR as well. By policy checks can only be printed on the unit's official computer. It works mostly the same as MLS although you can upload documentation. But if you do then you have to get two approvers for the expense before you print. If you don't upload documentation then it doesn't require approval before printing and the two signers are supposed to review the paper documentation as is normal for MLS.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”