Gospel Learning App & Ward Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
EarloftheWest

Gospel Learning App & Ward Calendar

Post by EarloftheWest »

In the recent Face to Face with Elder Gong, during the Gospel Learning App portion, Elder Gong indicated that youth could see what activities are scheduled from within the app.
I suspect that this means the Gospel Learning app is attached to the Ward Calendar in some way.
Can anyone comment as to whether this is a good assumption on my part?
If so, would it be similar to how it works in the Member Tools app where we can select which calendars to display?
My only thought about this is that in the Member Tools app, the user has to pro-actively press refresh to update the calendar. Ideally, I would want to see the Gospel Learning app refresh automatically.
Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Learning App & Ward Calendar

Post by lajackson »

EarloftheWest wrote:Can anyone comment as to whether this is a good assumption on my part?
I can comment, but it would not be of much worth, unfortunately. I would love to see it connected, with the ability, say, to select display of just the ward youth activities calendar, for example.

There was an earlier program that had a separate calendar that did not coordinate or synchronize with the ward calendar. I hope they do not return to that pattern.

But your guess would be as good as mine until the actual app is released in January. And the developers who would know rarely frequent the forum. Consider it a belated Christmas surprise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. I don't know. There's nothing in the calendar system that flags a particular calendar as "youth". The titles are just free-form text with nothing to force any naming convention. Nor is there any guarantee a given ward has a youth calendar separate from the general membership activity calendar. So on that front, it's going to have to be all or nothing.

So, it's possible it's using the Youth Activities Planning Tool, but as mentioned, it has no connection to the main calendar system which is where all the building scheduling takes place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel *Living :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
EarloftheWest

Post by EarloftheWest »

sbradshaw wrote:Gospel *Living :)
Thanks!
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Right , there is currently no connection to the stake/ward calendar with Gospel Living App.
EarloftheWest

Post by EarloftheWest »

CrockettDR wrote:Right , there is currently no connection to the stake/ward calendar with Gospel Living App.
Thanks. Any additional insight you can provide on this? During the presentation, it was stated that the youth would be able to see their activities.
Does your statement mean that the feature to display scheduled activities from the Church calendar hasn't been implemented yet or does it mean that the activities will be displayed from some other source?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Where can I find the Gospel Learning App? Is it a mobile app or something else?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Gospel Living app is not yet available. See the Face-to-Face broadcast for details.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

zaneclark wrote:Where can I find the Gospel Learning App? Is it a mobile app or something else?
When it becomes available after the first of the year (not necessarily ON the first day of the year), I believe it will be a mobile app, available on the app store for your specific device if it is supported on your device.

Return to “Calendar”