Calendar Print Function Broken - Proxy Error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ddefig

Calendar Print Function Broken - Proxy Error

Post by ddefig »

For the last week or better I have been unable to print a Calendar from the calendar page. The dialogs come up appropriately and accept parameters, but when submitted, the page goes blank for about a minute and then throws a 502 Proxy Error: Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request
Reason: Error reading from remote server

This happens on multiple platforms and browsers, on several different networks and devices. I keep trying and expecting a different result - isn't that the definition of something? :)

I have reported on a couple of different days through the feedback link, but the print functionality is still dead. Does anybody know a way to notify developers, or back end guys that there is an issue? We still print a paper calendar and directory at the beginning of each year, and obviously, now we are late to print, and folks are getting restless.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar Print Function Broken - Proxy Error

Post by jdlessley »

See the thread Unable to load calendar .pdf to print. Others are having the same problem.
ddefig wrote:I have reported on a couple of different days through the feedback link, but the print functionality is still dead. Does anybody know a way to notify developers, or back end guys that there is an issue?
You did that when you submitted feedback. There is no other channel or shortcut to getting the issue to the proper people. Since the Calendar does not have a feedback link, and if you use another churchofjesuschrist.org page feedback link, then make sure you mention the issue is with the Calendar page print function. The lack of a response does not mean the feedback did not get routed to the correct team. They are most likely working the issue now.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ddefig

Post by ddefig »

Thanks for the referral to the previously posted topic - guess I didn't look hard enough.
I've been in environments where the feed back link sends data to marketing firms that look at it quarterly and then report back to the client with suggestions for the website. Knowing (or at least assuming) that the right tech folks might be getting real time, or near real time information through this mechanism is helpful.
Denis
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The developers are back this week and working on this problem.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Fixed this morning

Return to “Calendar”