Ever thought about ASL & other language content for Roku or smart TVs?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
alexmatheson

Ever thought about ASL & other language content for Roku or smart TVs?

Post by alexmatheson »

Have you ever thought about American Sign Language content for Roku or Smart TV’s enabled with Roku? Roku & TV’s that you can connect Roku are relatively inexpensive via Walmart/Sam’s Club. I have seen Latter Day Saints Channel for Roku. What I think would be a great idea would be one for Deaf LDS in America who use ASL. I also, would like to see a “shareable”/downloadable Book of Mormon app for Apple -via Apple AirDrop in various languages (primarily English, Spanish, ASL, Portuguese, French) Also, a Latter Day Saints Channel for Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil), French (Canada) spoken languages for Roku. That way LDS members could have LDS content in their homes. Another option is YouTube. The Lord is providing many means/ways through technology to spread “The Word” Revelation 14:6, Isaiah 29:11 & 18, D&C 58:11 & 27.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ever thought about ASL & other language content for Roku or smart TVs?

Post by sbradshaw »

Latter-day Saints Channel has content in English and Spanish. Gospel Media has content in English, Spanish and Portuguese (though I'm not sure if it's on Roku). There is a Book of Mormon app available for iOS and Android with several languages, but Apple doesn't provide any way for apps to be shared over AirDrop – to share an app, you can send a link to the app on the App Store or Google Play Store. There are pass-along cards with a QR code for the Book of Mormon app available at the Online Store.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”