abn.churchofjesuschrist.org?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mkstone

Re: abn.churchofjesuschrist.org?

Post by mkstone »

I am also getting the abn. However, i am being linked to the news room and when i try to access scripture i am being directed to what the address says is the Book of Mormon title page, but i have a blank screen. When I remove the abn from the address bar i then get connected to the "real" church web sight. There is a standing joke in our office that goes something like "when IT says they are working on the computers, be very afraid." Not too long ago the new web sight, the one similar to the gospel app, was great, worked great, was a pleasure to use. Now of a sudden it is AMU (all messed up).
loganperry

Post by loganperry »

I only get the abn when I am not logged in to my account. When I am not logged in and try and access any of the hyperlinks, other than those that redirect to me a different website like ComeUntoChrist.org, I get redirected to a blank page with the URL https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/study

If I log into my account, then I get directed to the regular ChurchOfJesusChrist.org page.
sethmiles

Post by sethmiles »

If i go to the scriptures or come follow me, the page goes blank... :| :( I dont like this abn thing...
ys7426

Post by ys7426 »

Me too. Is no one on the church tech staff looking at this problem. Most annoying.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

ys7426 wrote:Me too. Is no one on the church tech staff looking at this problem. Most annoying.
The best way to be sure somebody is officially looking at the problem is for you to use the 'Feedback' link or button to report whatever problematic symptoms you are seeing. This is a user-to-user discussion forum, and there's no guarantee anyone in the development organization will see this topic.
brucegrandall

Post by brucegrandall »

I have been having this problem for two weeks now also. It consumes lots of time I don't have.
asquared

Post by asquared »

I tried some tests on this, I noticed this about two weeks ago and hadn't experienced any issues until today when I tried to use the online version of the Book of Mormon and scripture library. Here's my experience:

Using any of the "chrome" based browsers I get redirected:
Chrome
Firefox
Microsoft Edge Beta
Seamonkey

I wondered if it was privacy tracking related as all of the Chrome based browsers now have extensive "privacy browsing" features automatically turned on. You can see those show up by site or in the settings. In this case when I loaded www.churchofjesuschrist.org it redirected to abn.churchofjesuschrist.org
Click the "lock" next to the hostname.
You'll see that there are items that are blocked under cookies (demdex website / dependancy)
I tried turning off privacy tracking / blocking for both abn.churchofjesuschrist.org and www.churchofjesuschrist.org and it still does the redirect.

When I turned on debugging in the browser I see several references to failed loading of resources due to "privacy / tracking prevention" - (see "chrome debug" image attachment) - this "demdex.net" resource is related to Adobe tracking and I wonder if the development tools on the the LDS website are references these resources, failing due to cross site dependancies and privacy blocking, and then redirecting the user to the more "static" website version under "abn.churchofjesuschrist.org"

I turned off all privacy tracking on Firefox and still get redirected to abn.churchofjesuschrist.org
I also went back to the scriptres > Book of Mormon and it's blank still

However, I logged in and then went back to the main homepage and it looked "normal" (see "Homepage after login" screenshot)
going back to "Book of Mormon" it's still blank

Internet Explorer 11
However, I just verified that when I tried to go to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org in Microsot Internet Explorer 11 I did not get redirected.
With IE without logging in I went to Scriptures and Study > Book of Mormon and the page loads as expected
Logging in with my LDS account, got hung after login(blank new screen) BUT I was authenticated and I see "My Account and Ward" and My Name
Go back to homepage, refresh - OK, stay on www.churchofjesuschrist.org
Go back to Scriptures and Study > Book of Mormon and the page loads as expected

I'll have to try some more stuff
Attachments
LDS_PRIVACYSETTINGS.png
LDS_PRIVACYSETTINGS.png (84.87 KiB) Viewed 995 times
CHROME_DEBUG.png
(78.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bookofmormonblank.png
(14.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Homepage after Login.png
(631.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Book of Mormong Still Blank.png
(23.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cutterji

Post by cutterji »

The issue seems to be getting worse for me. Often I need to not only clear all cookies but restart my browser as well to remain signed in. Currently while preparing for Seminary in the morning in morning my notes disappear while I can see I am still signed in...or..they are there and but my name or region are not visible in the upper right indicating that I am NOT signed in. A bit crazy making at 5:30 in the morning. I have to sign in multiple times during an active 2 hour period

This morning I noticed that the lesson manual's url is abn https://drive.google.com/file/d/14E-Flp ... sp=sharing

and the scriptures are www. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12wBbnL ... sp=sharing

Not sure what the answer. I do know this is new. Perhaps "abn" and "www" do not communicate with each other well.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Cutter
WilldenC

Post by WilldenC »

It seems "abn" links are used by the developers to test different layouts on the web site, which can sometimes cause these issues. As mentioned above, using the 'Feedback' link at the bottom of the page is probably the best way to report the problems.
cutterji

Post by cutterji »

If I am redirected to abn I am nerve able to sign in on the teachers manual. I am taken back to my home page. This has been going on for over 11 weeks. Here is my work around:

I delete the the abn and insert www. It works every time. Often tech peeps do not check their work.

Return to “Main Church Website”