What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by russellhltn »

ryanlewis wrote: It is now well after January 1st and the promotion of the app continues. I just read an article in the New Era about it. What updates are there for this app?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... t?lang=eng

:)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
benmoronilee

Post by benmoronilee »

russellhltn wrote:
ryanlewis wrote: It is now well after January 1st and the promotion of the app continues. I just read an article in the New Era about it. What updates are there for this app?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... t?lang=eng

:)
LOL! Great link BTW. I will #StriveToBe just as the title suggests.

On a more serious note, would love to have an update on the availability of the app. I look forward to the assistance it should provide.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The church rarely gives deadlines, since they frequently miss them do to changing priorities and limited development staff. The church has released the app to some countries such as the UK. No doubt, this is to give them time to test the impact on the back end server and get things working right before they open the floodgates to the US members. The church frequently does a phased release of new things, but when dealing with app stores, their control is by country, not by stake or area.

It will appear. Some day.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
victorloewen

Post by victorloewen »

Has the app been released in canada yet?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

So far, the app appears to be available in the UK, France, and Brazil. No one elsewhere has said yet that it is available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:So far, the app appears to be available in the UK, France, and Brazil.
Note that the church hasn't said where it's available, that's what we've learned from the users.

clarkwilcox

Post by clarkwilcox »

Running Android 9 on a Galaxy S8. App store says the app is not compatible with my phone. Any news on when it'll be updated?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clarkwilcox wrote:Running Android 9 on a Galaxy S8. App store says the app is not compatible with my phone. Any news on when it'll be updated?
That seems to happen if you're in a country where it hasn't been released yet. According to the Play Store, the app runs on Android 5 or higher.

There's been absolutely no word on when it will be released to more countries.

slvaneps

Post by slvaneps »

Looking for the gospel living app and it says it is not available in my country . I just rewatched the face to face and it said it would be out January 2020
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

slvaneps wrote:I just rewatched the face to face and it said it would be out January 2020
In the Face to Face broadcast, Elder Gong said:
Look for the first version of the Gospel Living App to begin rolling out in January 2020.
So I have been anxiously looking, as have many others. It appears from comments earlier in this topic that the app did begin rolling out this month and is available so far in three countries.

But not mine. And apparently not yours. I am sure it will arrive soon.

Return to “Gospel Living App”