How to rejoin circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
bugsmx3

How to rejoin circles

Post by bugsmx3 »

Anyone know how to let someone rejoin? Seems as my Bishop left circles and now I can't find where to let him back in?? #ClerkLife
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How to rejoin circles

Post by lajackson »

Go to Circles. You should see all of your eligible circles. If you click on one of them, you should be allowed to join again.

I just left a circle and was able to get back in that way.
dhowe

Post by dhowe »

Hi, I am the bishop who's been locked out of the Gospel Living app's Circles. Here's some background -- I believe I downloaded the app on the morning of 02/15/2020. At that time I was able to see all circles in our ward. No one had posted anything to any circles from what I could see and I did not post anything either. That evening our elders quorum president posted something to the ward council circle and I received a notification. When I tapped on the notification, the gospel living app opened and it said that my access to circles had been removed and that I needed to review the code of conduct and request access again. I reviewed the code of conduct and requested access again but now it says that my bishop (me) must approve my access request. I also have a reminder on the Gospel Living app calendar to approve my own access and have received emails reminding me to approve my access. However, I see no way to regrant myself access because I can't get into the circles portion of the app. Please see the attached screen shot. Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200215-013443_Gospel Living.jpg
(196.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would call the Global Service Department and ask them to help you gain access. That would also make them aware of a bug in the logic of the app. You are signed in, correct?

Or possibly you could sign out, remove the app and install it again. That might do it.
dhowe

Post by dhowe »

Thanks, I have signed out and back in, reinstalled and signed back in, and installed on other devices and signed in but no luck, just the same Access Removed message. Yes, I think they're missing a use case in the access management of the system.

I called the Global Service Department and was informed that they aren't supporting Gospel Living yet, only collecting issues to pass along to the development team. They recommended that I use the submit feedback function in the app for faster and more detailed reporting. I submitted feedback but haven't heard anything back yet.
ddpaxman

Post by ddpaxman »

Glad/ Sad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Have you found a solution yet?
jpectol

Post by jpectol »

Hello. I am a bishop having the exact same issue that "dhowe" states in his post above. Has anyone figured out how to give the bishop (myself) access to Circles again?
It says "I need to review the code of conduct and request access again". I reviewed the code of conduct and requested access again but now it says that my bishop (me) must approve my access request. I see no way to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
dhowe

Post by dhowe »

My access to Circles suddenly reappeared on Tuesday. No word from support but it was somehow resolved.
catherinemurray

Post by catherinemurray »

I am Stake Primary President and have all the same problems as the Bishop reported..

Yes I uninstalled; reinstalled ;signed out; signed in ; reviewed code of conduct ; asked my bishop to regain access ; sent feed back a month ago no response

My Bshop doesnt know what's the matter

With covid 19 here in Scotland we're in lock down, no visits, no church our stake bounderies are wide I'm the only lds person around so it's vital that I get access to circles so. I can connect to all primary leaders in our Stake

Paisley Scotland Stake
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

catherinemurray wrote:I am Stake Primary President and have all the same problems as the Bishop reported..

Yes I uninstalled; reinstalled ;signed out; signed in ; reviewed code of conduct ; asked my bishop to regain access ; sent feed back a month ago no response

My Bshop doesnt know what's the matter

With covid 19 here in Scotland we're in lock down, no visits, no church our stake bounderies are wide I'm the only lds person around so it's vital that I get access to circles so. I can connect to all primary leaders in our Stake

Paisley Scotland Stake
Your best option would be to send feedback from within the app. That is the official channel for bug reports. My wife is also stake primary president and some of the ward primary presidents have their secretary send information to the families of the children every week so they have a lesson plan and songs to work on. My wife communicates with the ward primary presidents via email, text, and phone. I don't know if there is a circle for all the primary presidencies in the stake.

Return to “Gospel Living App”