Circles and Gospel Living sign in issue

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
rem1701e

Circles and Gospel Living sign in issue

Post by rem1701e »

I have been trying to get my 10-year old signed into the Gospel Living app. At first it signed him in but would not populate his name and info under “My Profile”. Circles would just sit saying they were being setup. I signed him out and since we get a message “Oops! Sign in failed for an unknown reason. Please try again.”

This in on an iPad running 13.3.1. I have tried on another iPad with the same results.

He is able to sign into Gospel Library, Tools, FamilySearch Tree and the Church website just fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Circles and Gospel Living sign in issue

Post by russellhltn »

Does iOS have the option to completely delete all data out of an app? If so, I'd do that and try again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

It does and I have tried that. Still get the same message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does your password contain any symbols or punctuation? Anything besides just letters and numbers? The app may not encode them properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

It does use punctuation.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

But I have another child that’s password also includes the same punctuation and he is able to login just fine. Could this be age related?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

rem1701e wrote:But I have another child that’s password also includes the same punctuation and he is able to login just fine. Could this be age related?
I'm older (empty nester, youngest kids returned from missions in 2018) and I can get in just fine. My PW does not include punctuation or special characters, but I don't think age is an issue. Due to my calling, I don't have access to any current circles except my immediate household.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rem1701e wrote:But I have another child that’s password also includes the same punctuation and he is able to login just fine. Could this be age related?
Not age. Punctuation can do strange things. It's possible the other child has something around it so the system understands it correctly.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
Not age. Punctuation can do strange things. It's possible the other child has something around it so the system understands it correctly.
I have also seen situations on Android where the keyboard automatically inserts a space after certain punctuation characters so that there is an unintended space in the password that is sent.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

I am on iOS. I am using the iOS keychain username and password autofill, which has worked with other church apps and the church website just fine.

Return to “Gospel Living App”