Not getting notifications

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
jengirl3

Not getting notifications

Post by jengirl3 »

I have this app for iOS. Even though notifications are enabled, I do not get notifications on my phone with threads have added posts in Circles. Suggestions?
arkoa

Re: Not getting notifications

Post by arkoa »

I am having similar problem. Does this app have the option to have an alert with sounds and vibrate come through on my iphone 11, to make a noise when a message from a circle comes through. As of now when a receive a message from from one of my circles, my iphone if locked does not alert me that anything came through, same with apple watch(series 1), no alert. Its only if I pickup my phone that it shows that it came through. I have looked in iphone settings/notifications/ went into the app and have allow notifications enabled, all 3 alerts checked. (lock screen, notification center, and banners) and banner style as persistent. Sounds on, badges on, and show previews as always. Is there anyway to set my phone to alert me as soon as the message comes in? Thanks!
RyanCMerrill

Post by RyanCMerrill »

I am having similar issues. I get notifications, but when I load the app I don't see the 'red dot' indicated that there is an unread message in my circle. I can get it to show if I log out of my church account and back in again . I have also tried to leave all circles and re-join, but that doesn't work either. In fact, when I try to leave all circles, nothing changes...
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend you leave feedback on the behavior. Remember, the Gospel Living app is barely out of Beta and still has rough edges. I'm sure the developers are working as diligently as possible but there is likely a pretty long list for them. Only feedback will get to them - they may never see comments posted in this user-to-user mutual help forum.
lhgarfield

Post by lhgarfield »

Go to the circle for which you want notifications. Push the information button at the top of the screen (a circle with an "i" in it). Scroll to bottom of page and you should see a notifications toggle button.
markusgaebler

Post by markusgaebler »

Even when notifications for a circle are activated, I am not getting any. I am also using the iOS app.

Where can I leave a feedback?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

markusgaebler wrote:Where can I leave a feedback?
Use the feedback in the app. Look for it on the profile screen.
Superman8020

Post by Superman8020 »

I can speak for iPhones. Make sure you go within the app and turn all notifications and banners on.
Go to general, and scroll down to the individual living app. Then click on notifications. Make sure all is turned on and also click permanent so the banner notifications don’t disappear before seeing it. Hope this helps!
smartalec

Post by smartalec »

As of the latest update (16 Feb) it looks like all circles notifications are no longer working on android. This is frustrating as we were using it to communicate with the youth and for ward meetings. I guess we will have to go back to Viber.

Return to “Gospel Living App”