Reporting sacrament mtg. attendance during a natural disaster

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jtyewhit

Reporting sacrament mtg. attendance during a natural disaster

Post by jtyewhit »

Hoping you can steer me to where I can find guidance on reporting sacrament mtg. attendance while some stakes have cancelled mtgs. due to the coronavirus issue in part of Washington.

If our wards report zero attendance, I think this could impact their funding because one component of a ward's budget allowance is determined by Salt Lake based on their sacrament mtg. attendance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reporting sacrament mtg. attendance during a natural disaster

Post by russellhltn »

Meetings with zero attendance are not counted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

If Sacrament meeting is not held for any reason then leave the entry field blank for that week.
Assistant Ward Clerk
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I would personally think that even in locations where a decision had been made to do something like only hold sacrament meeting but not the second hour class, your local Priesthood leaders may give you discretion to enter a zero for sacrament meeting attendance. It would be unfortunate to be negatively impacted in terms of attendance, by the very-understandable reluctance or inability of many church members to attend a public sacrament meeting in those unique circumstances, resulting in an abnormally low (but not zero) attendance. But I'd say that's where local leaders should make the decision.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote:But I'd say that's where local leaders should make the decision.
I don't disagree, but they might want to keep the count (even if they don't enter it) and run the situation by their presiding authority.

This could be a long-term thing that will impact events for some time. The low sacrament attendance could be reflected in ward activities resulting in a reduction on the demands on the ward budget.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Well yesterday, the ward clerk and assistant clerk were both out sick, so nobody counted attendance.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

Thank you for the answer (record 0 and it won't be counted against your average)

I called the help desk in Salt Lake and confirmed this. They also pointed out that this is what we should record in each ward on stake conference Sunday.
supersc

Post by supersc »

Now everybody needs to enter "0" each week until further notice!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

supersc wrote:Now everybody needs to enter "0" each week until further notice!
Or nothing. Both 0 and null are not included in the average.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Don't forget to count how many stayed home! :)
http://beckstrombuzz.blogspot.com/2020/ ... count.html
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”