talents and interests?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jirp

talents and interests?

Post by jirp »

Anyone know if talents and interests will be moving from MLS to LCR?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: talents and interests?

Post by scgallafent »

I don't know of any plans to move that functionality to LCR.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:I don't know of any plans to move that functionality to LCR.
I thought it would be last to transfer, but I didn't think they would totally dump it. Admittedly, it is rarely used.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Admittedly, it is rarely used.
I suspect one of the issues is that some of the ones most interested in the information (such as Emergency Preparedness) would be ones who don't have access to LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It's right up there with the regularly-collected Emergency Preparedness Resources database. Well-meaning leaders love to send around questionnaires, and then dump a stack of them on a clerk's desk for data entry and maintenance. How many chainsaws do we have in the ward?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:How many chainsaws do we have in the ward?
Actually, that question was asked in quorum meeting after a recent storm blew down a number of trees in our area. The presidency wanted to see if there were enough for each of the crews going out to help the members.
jirp

Post by jirp »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:Admittedly, it is rarely used.
I suspect one of the issues is that some of the ones most interested in the information (such as Emergency Preparedness) would be ones who don't have access to LCR.
In big wards that might be a problem. In small wards odds are the emergency preparedness person has another calling that could give them access. And if not printing a paper copy could solve it.
drepouille wrote:It's right up there with the regularly-collected Emergency Preparedness Resources database. Well-meaning leaders love to send around questionnaires, and then dump a stack of them on a clerk's desk for data entry and maintenance. How many chainsaws do we have in the ward?
And as ward clerk the initial setup was time consuming taking nearly a year, but maintaining it is fairly simple. Bring the records in, place them on the map and while they are in the office for that one run them thru it. It would be a pain in a ward with a lot of turn over but here where we move less than 2 dozen households a year in it is a minor effort. And it has been valuable. And if I were sitting at MLS I could give you that count on chainsaws. There never was a questionnaire. I started with it during tithing settlement and got those families. Then over the rest of the year I got 1 or 2 families a week into the office to add to it time allowing. And I update every tithing settlement with those who come in. So while it isn't perfectly up to date I get many of them rechecked in a given year.

I hope it is moved or that MLS is left with it still included.
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

I sure hope they do. In the EP manual it recommends we maintain those kinds of list like we can in MLS but there is no way to store that kind of things in LCR. so you end up keeping a separate list somewhere. If it was in LCR then it would be protected by calling and passwords. (PLEASE ADD) who do we need to talk to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dlpyro1957 wrote:who do we need to talk to?
You can submit that via feedback in LCR. You could also ask the stake president to take it up with his presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”