approved other donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
hmbltxn

approved other donations

Post by hmbltxn »

We have 4 or 5 donations in Other that are for Temple Building and Book of Mormon. These are "approved" areas but we are told to move them out of Other. When I check there is no other place to put them as those two approved areas are under other. What do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: approved other donations

Post by russellhltn »

I think you'll find the donations were mis-categorized. While they are part of "Other" they're not the part of the "Authorized Member-Financed Activities" we talk about as "Other".

I think if you re-examine the donation categories, you'll see where they should go. You can't transfer them, but you can re-categorize the original donation assuming it's not too old.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waltbristow

Re: approved other donations

Post by waltbristow »

And if they are too old you can always write a check and deposit it into the proper categories (in the name of the original donor).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”