Gospel Living' app circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
naesemail2

Re: Gospel Living' app circles

Post by naesemail2 »

I work in the YW. We're trying to get all the youth and their parents to download the app to utilize the circles feature for improved communication. A mother reached out for help. When she logs in she automatically has access to the circles for her household, for her calling, the relief society, and her primary children activity groups - but no access for her YW aged daughter. We went in and tried to manually connect her but that hasn't been effective. All info is correct on the mothers end. All info is up to date on the LCR. I'm trying to help her figure it out but so far no answers. Any suggestions?
russ2p

Re: Create - Gospel Living app circles

Post by russ2p »

jokamura wrote:This has got to be the most requested feature. Hopefully they bring this to life soon!
How are official request features handled for this app and other church software? Do they have something like Microsoft for submitting software requests?

I also would like to upvote/add a request for this functionality of creating your own circles.

Today our ward choir was talking about having its own circle.

Anyone remembering google+ circles? Church should have bought that tech(probably could have got it for cheap) and rebranded it for church use.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russ2p wrote:How are official request features handled for this app and other church software?
For this software, use the in-app feedback function. You can find it on the Profile screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russ2p wrote:I also would like to upvote/add a request for this functionality of creating your own circles.
If you will review the posts on the discovery page, you should see one that is titled something like "You asked, we listened..." which lists the features they are working on. Creating your own circles is on that list. I noticed yesterday that they have implemented circles for some adult groups so development is ongoing. The church typically never tells us when the updates will be available - they will be when they are.
kimden419@hawaii

Post by kimden419@hawaii »

I would like to set up a circle for my seminary class
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kimden419@hawaii wrote:I would like to set up a circle for my seminary class
Patience is the key word at this point. They are still developing the app and will be adding capabilities. We have been seeing circles added but the capability to create custom circles has not be released yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tj.ralphs

Re: Gospel Living app circles

Post by tj.ralphs »

Can Bishops get the ability to post in the Relief Society Circle?
CrystalDever

Post by CrystalDever »

The youth have to login with their own Church website account.
naesemail2 wrote:I work in the YW. We're trying to get all the youth and their parents to download the app to utilize the circles feature for improved communication. A mother reached out for help. When she logs in she automatically has access to the circles for her household, for her calling, the relief society, and her primary children activity groups - but no access for her YW aged daughter. We went in and tried to manually connect her but that hasn't been effective. All info is correct on the mothers end. All info is up to date on the LCR. I'm trying to help her figure it out but so far no answers. Any suggestions?
CrystalDever

Post by CrystalDever »

I am getting an error message "Your circles failed to load." I cant find any info on the message anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? My teens cant use the app and our ward is all using it. Thanks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

naesemail2 wrote:I work in the YW. We're trying to get all the youth and their parents to download the app to utilize the circles feature for improved communication. A mother reached out for help. When she logs in she automatically has access to the circles for her household, for her calling, the relief society, and her primary children activity groups - but no access for her YW aged daughter. We went in and tried to manually connect her but that hasn't been effective. All info is correct on the mothers end. All info is up to date on the LCR. I'm trying to help her figure it out but so far no answers. Any suggestions?
There is a way for her to see her children's circles. Mine are all out of the house, so I can't walk you through the steps, but I have seen it in the app.

Return to “Gospel Living App”