Behavior of "Send a Message" to ALL companionships from within "Ministering"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
taylor.meacham

Behavior of "Send a Message" to ALL companionships from within "Ministering"

Post by taylor.meacham »

Capture.PNG
PNG showing "Send a Message" within "Ministering"
(54.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hi All,

When I select the "Send a Message" button from within the "Ministering" application, I have the options to select "All Companionships" or "Selected Assignments" and the option to "Attach Ministering Assignments". When I select "All..." and "Attach..." and then hit continue, it moves to the "Send a Message" application, with all the email address of assigned folks and it shows a single "Ministering Assignment.pdf" as an attachment.

What is in that Ministering Assignment.pdf? It looks like it is an actual attachment, such that all the pdf is going to everyone. Does this attachment include all of the ministering assignments for everyone included in the email or is it some random single Assignment for one companionship?

What I would like is to general a batch of emails with one email be companionship with their companionship assignment. Does this functionality exist? I have been selecting individual companionship and then sending the assignment, with copied and pasted text. Is that how it has to be done?

Cheers,

Taylor
davesudweeks

Re: Behavior of "Send a Message" to ALL companionships from within "Ministering"

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't think it was designed to work this way. I try to communicate assignments in person. Then that is not possible, I call the ministering elders on the phone. All mine have smartphones so once the assignment is made they can see it there. This way I can have a discussion with them (which is as important as their ministering is).

Only as a last resort would I use email. In that case, I would save their individual assignment to the desktop and attach it to a single email to the ministers. This way I can personalize the email to them specifically.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Behavior of "Send a Message" to ALL companionships from within "Ministering"

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. Have we automated "little slips of paper"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Interesting. Have we automated "little slips of paper"?
I still do the "little slips of paper" when I meet with them in person (and I carry my "little slip of paper" in my church folder for quick-reference without having to navigate in my phone...). I don't when I call them on the phone. I have not tried to email anyone as noted in my earlier post. But then, I guess I'm a little old school with some of this.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”