Donation made to General Mission fund instead of my son's mission fund

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
troutface

Donation made to General Mission fund instead of my son's mission fund

Post by troutface »

A few months back an online payment meant for my son's missionary account was made to the General Mission fund instead.
I don't know how the general fund was selected instead of my son's account. I've made several payments and I know I always need to select my son.
Anyway, anyone know how I can get this corrected? The ward clerk doesn't know but I'm sure he's working on it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation made to General Mission fund instead of my son's mission fund

Post by russellhltn »

The ward clerk/ward financial clerk will need to fix it. I believe he can edit the donation within MLS, maybe LCR.

Otherwise, he can contact support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If the donation was made in the previous year the ward clerk will need to contact support to get the donation category changed. He can only make changes to the current year donation's category.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just opened a 2019 online donation of a member of my ward and clicked the Adjust button. It looks as though I am able to adjust a 2019 online donation, although I really don't want to click the Save button to test that theory.

More interestingly to me, I wonder if the clerks were monitoring your son's mission account, so they could alert you to an apparent shortfall? They should be reviewing all mission accounts at least once each month when they review the unit financial statement.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jendanmeg

Post by jendanmeg »

I have the same issue and since I paid online our finance clerk said he couldn’t fix it. Is there anything I can do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jendanmeg wrote:our finance clerk said he couldn’t fix it.
More likely, he doesn't know how to. He may need to contact support.

The Help file for the donation section says to contact the clerk in the case of donating to the wrong category.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jendanmeg wrote:I have the same issue and since I paid online our finance clerk said he couldn’t fix it. Is there anything I can do?
Your ward clerk should be able to go into the donation batch just as if it were a local Sunday donation batch. There, he should be able to change the category of the donation. If he is not able to figure it out, he should contact his stake clerk for assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When was the donation made? If it was just recently, it may not have been processed yet (which would explain why the clerk couldn't fix it). In which case, you may want to cancel it and make a new donation.

troutface

Post by troutface »

This was resolved. The ward clerk contacted support and they either fixed it or told him how to fix it.
In my case, I made the payment in November and didn't discover the issue until February. By that time "the books" were closed for the previous year and someone needed to perform magic to fix it.

Return to “Online Donations”