Sing a Long Primary Music App -- iOS Only?

bookwalk

Sing a Long Primary Music App -- iOS Only?

Post by bookwalk »

Our Primary president recommended this app and for 4-6 year olds it would be ideal, but I only have Android devices and so I found the same songs on YouTube, but I believe our new Meetinghouse Internet Liahona does not allow You Tube. How can we use this app? I wouldn't think the Church wants us to have to buy IPads to use this???????
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sing a Long Primary Music App -- iOS Only?

Post by russellhltn »

The app is not available for Android. But the church does not require it for Primary or parents.

You might want to test the network. I think YouTube may be allowed now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The iOS app was donated to the Church by a developer; there isn't an Android version available. The same is true for the "Scripture Stories" app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jeff7np

Post by jeff7np »

Would be nice to have the same on Android.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

sbradshaw wrote:The iOS app was donated to the Church by a developer; there isn't an Android version available. The same is true for the "Scripture Stories" app.
That’s interesting. I never knew that. But that makes sense because if that developer only developed it for iOS, which could be because they only know how to develop apps for apps and not on Android, then the Church developers might not know what programming to use for an Android app. That’s just what I’m thinking.
Jeremy 🎶
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jeremynwest wrote:... then the Church developers might not know what programming to use for an Android app.
The developers do not get to decide what to develop. That comes from a sponsoring Church department and correlated with the ICS Department and development teams. But since the donated iOS app was accepted then I would expect there may be plans to do something for Android. All that is speculation. We won't know unless an Android version is released. A little back thought on that is they may be waiting to see how much the iOS app is used first before deciding.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
annagent

Post by annagent »

jdlessley wrote:... there may be plans to do something for Android. All that is speculation. We won't know unless an Android version is released. A little back thought on that is they may be waiting to see how much the iOS app is used first before deciding.

I find it ironic to think that watching the usage of iOS usage..... ALL the missionaries are using Android, and I bet without a doubt there is a very useful need MORE for Android than iOS... go figure! Just my thoughts.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church Sing Along app has been folded into a new app called Gospel for Kids, available for iOS and coming soon for Android:
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gospel-fo ... 1523539595
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pelforkids
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”