GSuite Non-Profit Account?

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
Chatfields

Re: GSuite Non-Profit Account?

Post by Chatfields »

If your organization has a Google for Nonprofits account, you're eligible for G Suite for Nonprofits. G Suite for Nonprofits is available at no charge. G Suite for Nonprofits has similar features to G Suite Basic with the addition of shared drives and your organization can have unlimited users.
danielsolano

Post by danielsolano »

https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/ ... oronavirus

"All G Suite customers can use advanced Meet video conference features like larger meetings, live streaming, and recording through Sep 30, 2020. "
Lily7668

Post by Lily7668 »

Google Meet will be available for free on the web at meet.google.com and via mobile apps for iOS or Android. Anyone who has a Gmail account can sign in at meet.google.com to activate their Meet account. Meet can be a good alternative to Zoom as the app allows 100 people to participate in a single video call.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I created my church "meet" account, and created an event. Since what I really want is a view-only live stream event, I tried to use the instructions below. However, my church "meet" account does not provide a "Create view-only event" option on the "More actions" drop-down. So it seems that the church accounts simply don't allow that option.

https://support.google.com/meet/answer/9308630

Part 2: Create an additional event for view-only guests
To invite specific people to the view-only live stream, create a view-only event. The event is added to their Calendar and includes the link for view-only guests. You can add up to 100,000 view-only guests.

People invited to this event are not seen or heard in the meeting, and can’t present, record, or control streaming.

Open Google Calendar.
Click the live stream event you created and then Edit .
At the top, click More actions and then Create view-only event.
Add guests or rooms for view-only access, and other details such as a description.
Click Save and then Send.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Does anyone here know what feature(s) a ChurchofJesusChrist "Google Meet" account offers over and above the features of a normal free-for-everyone "Google Meet" account?
I haven't found any differences between the two so far.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This may be a difference, but I haven't tested it yet:
For the free version of Google Meet, all participants will need to be signed into a Google Account to join. You can create a Google Account with a work or personal email address. For G Suite customers, once you've created a meeting, you can invite anyone to join even if they don't have a Google Account. Just share the link or meeting ID with all meeting participants.
dmoench

Post by dmoench »

drepouille wrote:I created my church "meet" account, and created an event. Since what I really want is a view-only live stream event, I tried to use the instructions below. However, my church "meet" account does not provide a "Create view-only event" option on the "More actions" drop-down. So it seems that the church accounts simply don't allow that option.

https://support.google.com/meet/answer/9308630

Part 2: Create an additional event for view-only guests
To invite specific people to the view-only live stream, create a view-only event. The event is added to their Calendar and includes the link for view-only guests. You can add up to 100,000 view-only guests.

People invited to this event are not seen or heard in the meeting, and can’t present, record, or control streaming.

Open Google Calendar.
Click the live stream event you created and then Edit .
At the top, click More actions and then Create view-only event.
Add guests or rooms for view-only access, and other details such as a description.
Click Save and then Send.
I have the same question. We are doing youth firesides and having that option would help minimize any disruptions. There seems to be a very simple function for the Church admins to enable this feature https://support.google.com/a/answer/9055446
nathansharp

Post by nathansharp »

I have created a church G Suite account in preparation for broadcasting sacrament meeting.

However, one of the advertised features doesn't seem to be working. It is requiring a Google Account to join. I have seen multiple FAQs and Google Meet help pages that state a Google Account is not required if the meeting is created using a GSuite account.

I confirmed that the meeting was created using my G Suite account, not my personal account. But when I try to join from a logged-out-Chrome browser from my PC, it always prompts for a Google Account login. I also tried a scheduled meeting to no avail (created through GSuite Calendar). Haven't found any solution Googling, so I'm wondering if someone else with a GSuite account has experience this or could try it out to confirm. This page suggests joining using an incognito browser, which I have also tried (still prompts for Google login).

Thanks for any assistance!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That sounds about right. A member of my ward could not join my Google Meeting because he did not have a Google account. As soon as he created one, he was able to join the meeting.
nathansharp

Post by nathansharp »

drepouille wrote:That sounds about right. A member of my ward could not join my Google Meeting because he did not have a Google account. As soon as he created one, he was able to join the meeting.
Did you create your meeting using a GSuite account or your personal Google account? According to several official sources, a person without a Google account should be able to join a meeting created with a GSuite account.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”