Notes have Disappeared

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
crhurt

Notes have Disappeared

Post by crhurt »

I have several notebooks I have created over the years, especially from preparing talks and so forth. I noticed that all of my notebooks are now empty. The notebooks themselves are still there, but all of the associated notes are gone. I don't know how long they have been empty, because for my normal scripture study, I usually just type the note without adding it to a notebook.

It is extremely disconcerting, especially since I had recently been trying to strategize on how to type up all of my markings from my paper scriptures so that they could be more permanent. But if there is risk of them randomly disappearing, I may need to reconsider!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Notes have Disappeared

Post by sbradshaw »

Sometimes there are temporary glitches that cause things not to display correctly (even though the data is still there).
Are you looking at Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, or in the Gospel Library app (if Gospel Library, which platform)?
Are you signed into the same Church account you're normally signed into?
Which platforms do you usually use to study (Church website, Gospel Library for iOS, Android, Windows)? If you use any other platforms, are your notebooks empty there, too?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Johnsonr310

Post by Johnsonr310 »

I just had this happen. I had to sign back in on my iPhone. The all seemed to be gone from my phone when I signed back in. When I look online (notes.churchofjesuschrist.org), all of my notes are 'there', but they're all blank. Is there a way to get a backup file or anything?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Johnsonr310 wrote:I just had this happen. I had to sign back in on my iPhone. The all seemed to be gone from my phone when I signed back in. When I look online (notes.churchofjesuschrist.org), all of my notes are 'there', but they're all blank. Is there a way to get a backup file or anything?
Sometimes notes don't show up right away in Gospel Library after signing in – it takes a few minutes to sync, then you might have to leave the screen you're on and come back (or force close and reopen the app) for the page to refresh. Do you see your notes again in Gospel Library after force-closing and reopening the app? Do you see any sync errors under your username in Settings?

Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org occasionally has problems displaying notes, as well (even though the notes are there, they may not show correctly). Trying a different browser or clearing the browser cache for the Church website are a couple of things you could try.

Hopefully it's just a matter of the notes not displaying correctly, as opposed to notes being gone.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”