There should be a Church Newsroom app

mrnonaustralianguy

There should be a Church Newsroom app

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

There should seriously be a mobile app for the Church Newsroom.
Jeremy 🎶
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: There should be a Church Newsroom app

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

I cannot see either of those links because every time I click on them it says the URL is invalid.
Jeremy 🎶
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Both work for me.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I had not heard of this until I saw the first 2 posts last night. I right-clicked on the link and opened it in a new browser window (I'm on android). I signed into the google play store and installed it on my phone remotely from there. Received my first notice an hour or so ago (about the missionary clothing adjustment for elders). Cool!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeremynwest wrote:I cannot see either of those links because every time I click on them it says the URL is invalid.
Not sure why that is. They work for me.

I do know at least on the Google side if you are logged into an account and none of the devices registered to that account meet the requirements, it won't take you to that page.

Apple: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Age Rating 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
Android: Requires Android 5.0 and up - Age Rating Everyone

At any rate, go to the appropriate "store" and search for "Church News".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Note that Church News (https://www.thechurchnews.com) isn't exactly the same as the Church Newsroom (https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org). The Church Newsroom has a more limited scope, for official Church announcements – whereas Church News, run by Deseret News, includes broader, in-depth articles about religion and current events, members around the world, etc.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mrnonaustralianguy

sbradshaw wrote:Note that Church News (https://www.thechurchnews.com) isn't exactly the same as the Church Newsroom (https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org). The Church Newsroom has a more limited scope, for official Church announcements – whereas Church News, run by Deseret News, includes broader, in-depth articles about religion and current events, members around the world, etc.
Yes. The Church Newsroom is different from Church News, as sbradshaw said.

Also, I’m not really surprised I didn’t know about the Church News app because it was developed by Deseret News rather than the Church.
Jeremy 🎶
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's similar functionality in the Gospel Living app. That one can be configured to taste, with "Church News" being one of the selection items.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A lot (but not all) of the Church News content is being merged with the Church Newsroom.

Return to “Mobile Applications”