MLS Move-out Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hijt

MLS Move-out Report

Post by Hijt »

I would like to see the MLS "Move-out" report modified to show the address that you used when you moved out members from the ward. This way a financial clerk could have an automatic mailing list of the members that were moved by the membership clerk. This would help the finance clerk when sending out the tithing statements to the members that have moved out and are no longer in the units MLS. Another modification would also have to be made so you would see the whole year. The MLS "Move-in Report" gives you a choice of selecting the time frame of move-ins. This is not so in the move-out screen.
SmithGW

MLS Move-out Report

Post by SmithGW »

This is an interesting idea. However, the help for this report says that entries are deleted two months after you move them out. I'm not sure how useful this would be for any long-range use unless you periodically printed it and kept it filed somewhere.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smithgw wrote:the help for this report says that entries are deleted two months after you move them out.
I think the request is to change that. At least retain it long enough for the Financial clerk to get the information to send them out. So that's probably about 18 months or so. Or for the US, purge last years move-outs around March or so.

Or, a better plan is to allow members to retrieve that information on-line, then the ward wouldn't have to worry about sending anything to the move-outs. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Hijt

Move-out addresses

Post by Hijt »

I should mention that there should be a record of addresses if the membership clerk keeps his hard copy "transaction report in a file. This is the report that the clerk gets at the end of his "Send-Receive" transaction. Right now I'm serving in a Branch for a Retirement and assisted living facility. I was able to go through about 50 Transaction Reports and pick out the move-out address and reports of death. It still would be better if the MLS Program could keep those and add them to the "Move-out report" I should again mention that the move-out report will also have to be modified to let you select how many months to show. For some reason the move-in report let's you select that, but not the move-out report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ground Rod wrote:I should again mention that the move-out report will also have to be modified to let you select how many months to show. For some reason the move-in report let's you select that, but not the move-out report.
In the case of the move-in report you have the record of the member, and it contains the date it moved in.

In the case of the move-out report, the member's record is deleted. Somewhere the moveout info is kept, but apparently in two months, it's purged.

I'll bet if you run a move-in report for a time period where someone moved in and then back out, that that name will be missing from the move-in report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Hijt

Move-in and Move-out's

Post by Hijt »

I checked my MLS for move ins and outs today and I was able to find that in the move out list, the program had retained names only back to August 5, 2008. That makes it about a 3 1/2 month retention period. In my move in list I had 14 members that had moved in. The earliest moved in date was 2 January 2008 and the latest was 12 November 2008. None of these members have in turn moved out so I was not able to test Rusell's theory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ground Rod wrote:The earliest moved in date was 2 January 2008
Interesting that that is the earliest you found. I would have thought you could find ones clear back to when your ward converted to MLS (if they were still around).

mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:Interesting that that is the earliest you found. I would have thought you could find ones clear back to when your ward converted to MLS (if they were still around).
Yeah, you can on our machine. I've done a custom time period and been able to see members of our ward back to 2006, when our ward was first established. However, the move ins that show up seem to only be those that are still currently in our ward. And of course the move out list I cannot go back that far.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mkmurray wrote:Yeah, you can on our machine. I've done a custom time period and been able to see members of our ward back to 2006, when our ward was first established. However, the move ins that show up seem to only be those that are still currently in our ward. And of course the move out list I cannot go back that far.
That's interesting. My custom move-in list goes back to 1995.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:That's interesting. My custom move-in list goes back to 1995.
Very interesting. I don't think MLS is that old. And yet I remember various problems that were created by the MLS conversion, such as not being able to record HT/VT for the month of conversion since the program thought that's when everyone moved into the ward.

Perhaps the move-in dates have been altered to fit the true move-in?

Return to “Membership Help”