Ward Unit Number

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dennis42
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am

Ward Unit Number

#1

Post by dennis42 »

I would like to make a missionary donation to a grandchild in another ward, how do i find the unit number of that ward
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10666
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Ward Unit Number

#2

Post by lajackson »

dennis42 wrote:I would like to make a missionary donation to a grandchild in another ward, how do i find the unit number of that ward
Your ward clerk can give it to you, or you can go to the Meetinghouse Locator at maps.lds.org, search for the ward by name and then click on the entry for the correct result. The unit number is displayed immediately after the unit name in the information box. You will need to be signed in with your LDS Account to see the unit number.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Re: Ward Unit Number

#3

Post by jonesrk »

Your family in that ward can also give it to you. They can see it in donations | settings
gfisher00
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Re: Ward Unit Number

#4

Post by gfisher00 »

I have the same problem. I want to donate to my niece's mission. Her home ward is in Korea, the Kokbanjeung Ward, Unit Number is 212067. However, in donations, when I enter that unit number, it says "The ward or branch number you entered seems to be incorrect or the unit may be outside the country. Please re-enter the number." So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country? (She is serving her mission in California).
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 32101
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Ward Unit Number

#5

Post by russellhltn »

gfisher00 wrote:So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country?
Not on-line anyway. The system doesn't support going between currencies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ifolkman
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:16 am

Re: Ward Unit Number

#6

Post by ifolkman »

gfisher00 wrote:I have the same problem. I want to donate to my niece's mission. Her home ward is in Korea, the Kokbanjeung Ward, Unit Number is 212067. However, in donations, when I enter that unit number, it says "The ward or branch number you entered seems to be incorrect or the unit may be outside the country. Please re-enter the number." So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country? (She is serving her mission in California).
I am the clerk in a Japan English ward and have two families that have missionaries who left from the United States and ran into this. In our members cases they have to contact the Church and essentially get permissions to make donations FROM a US bank account to the financially responsible ward in the US. Otherwise members are prevented from making donations online across international borders. So it may be possible, but you likely have to have an account in the same country to donate from.
cherry7up1950
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:49 am

Re: Ward Unit Number

#7

Post by cherry7up1950 »

I went to maps, etc. and got the box with the ward name but no unit number is displayed. I see a zipcode, bishops phone number and longitude and latidude for gps, no unit number. ????? I need the number for the south ogden 9th ward unit so a donation can be made.
User avatar
Biggles
Senior Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: Ward Unit Number

#8

Post by Biggles »

I would suggest you contact your ward clerk. He has access to applications that can provide the information you require.
klricks
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 am
Location: Grants Pass, OR USA

Re: Ward Unit Number

#9

Post by klricks »

cherry7up1950 wrote:I went to maps, etc. and got the box with the ward name but no unit number is displayed. I see a zipcode, bishops phone number and longitude and latidude for gps, no unit number. ????? I need the number for the south ogden 9th ward unit so a donation can be made.
In order to see the unit numbers you must be signed into your Church account
Assistant Ward Clerk
Gill
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Ward unit number

#10

Post by Gill »

I want to help with a missionary in another ward. I got their ward unit number. I went to enter the information on the online donation slip, but I can’t mind the missionaries name who I want to help. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply

Return to “Online Donations”