Changing patriarchs in blessing recommend system

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mprusse

Changing patriarchs in blessing recommend system

Post by mprusse »

I'm not familiar with the blessing recommend system but a bishop inquired with me how to change a patriarch to another patriarch in the stake in the system. Is there a way? Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Changing patriarchs in blessing recommend system

Post by sbradshaw »

Normally, a stake would only have one patriarch (General Handbook, 38.9.2). Was the previous patriarch released?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

No. We have two.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in, but because it's not common to have more than one, I wouldn't be surprised if the system didn't support it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:OK. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in, but because it's not common to have more than one, I wouldn't be surprised if the system didn't support it.
I think it would have to support it as the Handbook allows for multiple patriarchs if the one can't handle the workload.

The first thing I'd do is go to cdol.lds.org. Check to see if the other patriarch is listed in your stake. If not, then there's probably nothing you can do aside from informing the stake and bishop.

Second, I'd click on "settings" in LCR. Apparently that refreshes the information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may have to physically print the recommend, in which case you may be able to change the name and other information. You would have to do this if the person was going to another stake due to language issues or for family relationships allowing a related patriarch to give the blessing.

It used to be in MLS that you could change the patriarch information while printing a recommend, and MLS would save the information of the last patriarch entered into the system. I would not be surprised if that process is no longer available.

Return to “Reports and Forms”