Deleting all data related to markings, notes, etc. at once

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
matt_youngberg

Deleting all data related to markings, notes, etc. at once

Post by matt_youngberg »

Hi everyone,

I had a phase a few years back where I was pretty big into marking just about everything in the scriptures and church literature.

These markings, tags, notes, etc, are all getting in the way of me being able to simply study at ease.

I would love to simply delete all my user data in this regard. I would love to simply open the scriptures and have a fresh slate, much like buying a new set of scriptures a Dessert Book or something.

Is there a way to do that? As much digging as I've done, I haven't found an option. Is it hidden? Do I need to submit a request somewhere? Or is it simply not do-able?

Thanks in advance for answers!
davesudweeks

Re: Deleting all data related to markings, notes, etc. at once

Post by davesudweeks »

I think (in other threads on the forum) that it was indicated you must delete tags and highlighting the same way they are created (one at a time), but I'm sure someone else will chime in if I'm incorrect.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:I'm sure someone else will chime in if I'm incorrect.
No chime here, sorry. I am not aware of any other way to delete them than one by one. I have heard that doing it at the main Church website is easier than doing it on a mobile device, but I believe that is just a personal preference on the part of some folks.
matt_youngberg

Post by matt_youngberg »

Is it possible that I could reach out to one of the developers of the app and have them delete all my data via a formal request?

How could I go about removing scripture markings without having to thumb through thousands and thousands of verses?

If this isn’t a feature, it definitely should be!! Haha. Is there a place to submit this for consideration?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

matt_youngberg wrote:Is there a place to submit this for consideration?
In-app feedback is passed along to those who direct the developer's priorities and is the official way to request consideration for features. I believe there is an email address you could use as well, but don't know what it is - you might try scanning through other threads in the forum. There is little chance any post on this user-to-user help forum will reach anyone with the ability to drive any substantial changes to the app. Most of us are end users like yourself who have no special connections with the church development processes.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

matt_youngberg wrote:Is it possible that I could reach out to one of the developers of the app and have them delete all my data via a formal request?
I don't know how the church does it, but in my office, developers are not allowed to have administrative privileges on production systems. We know too much!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
matt_youngberg

Post by matt_youngberg »

davesudweeks wrote:
matt_youngberg wrote:Is there a place to submit this for consideration?
In-app feedback is passed along to those who direct the developer's priorities and is the official way to request consideration for features.
Thank you. Just found the "Send Feedback" form on the app and sent a feature request.
matt_youngberg

Post by matt_youngberg »

drepouille wrote:
matt_youngberg wrote:Is it possible that I could reach out to one of the developers of the app and have them delete all my data via a formal request?
I don't know how the church does it, but in my office, developers are not allowed to have administrative privileges on production systems. We know too much!
Hahaha, that's very fair. I work on a development team, but I was trying to be generic for the sake of the forum and by using the phrase "a formal request" :D :D :D I'm very much like you, without any sorts of permission in production, but I wreak my fair share of havoc in my own dev environments, haha!
m2spencer

Post by m2spencer »

I submitted similar feedback. My desire is to be able to show or hide markings as layers when I want. Right now, I purchase a new Book of Mormon each year so I have fresh pages to mark scriptures that are relevant to me right now and have a fresh set next year for scriptures that are meaningful to me later. It is fun to see what was important in years past, and also fun to have a blank slate going forward.

Return to “Gospel Library”