Scripture Audio Bland and Uninspiring :(

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
dbradack

Scripture Audio Bland and Uninspiring :(

Post by dbradack »

I just finished listening to 1 Nephi 17 using the Gospel Library app. I tried speeding the voice up and slowing it down. It was monotone, expressionless and boring. Several years ago, I remember listening to Bruce Lindsey while I read along. I felt that my comprehension was greatly enhanced and I really felt the Spirit as he read. PLEASE tell me how I can locate the Bruce Lindsey audio.
drepouille

Re: Scripture Audio Bland and Uninspiring :(

Post by drepouille »

Were you listening to a human voice, or a synthetic text-to-speech voice?
Which Gospel Library were you using? (web site, Windows, Android, or iOS)

Each time the text is changed, the audio must be recorded again. So we will probably not hear the same voices we heard 30 years ago, unless you can find a dusty CD audio copy in the meetinghouse library from years ago.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

dbradack wrote:I just finished listening to 1 Nephi 17 using the Gospel Library app. I tried speeding the voice up and slowing it down. It was monotone, expressionless and boring. Several years ago, I remember listening to Bruce Lindsey while I read along. I felt that my comprehension was greatly enhanced and I really felt the Spirit as he read. PLEASE tell me how I can locate the Bruce Lindsey audio.
I sent you a pm.
klricks

Post by klricks »

dbradack wrote:I just finished listening to 1 Nephi 17 using the Gospel Library app. I tried speeding the voice up and slowing it down. It was monotone, expressionless and boring. Several years ago, I remember listening to Bruce Lindsey while I read along. I felt that my comprehension was greatly enhanced and I really felt the Spirit as he read. PLEASE tell me how I can locate the Bruce Lindsey audio.
In order to hear the natural voice you must have an Internet connection. If no Internet then you will get the text to speech 'robot' voice.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Gospel Library”