Missionary Account - Online MTC

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
olafman

Missionary Account - Online MTC

Post by olafman »

I've noticed the Church is not sweeping the account for missionaries doing online MTC and taking $400. Does that mean there is not a cost associated with doing online MTC? Also what about the time period between the online MTC after they get released and are waiting to leave - how is that being handled as to the monthly costs?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Account - Online MTC

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In the Change to missionary payment withdrawal date opening post I stated the information I got from support was the equalized payments would be debited from the missionary account during the first week of the month for the previous month's service. In our ward the equalized payment amount for April was debited on 13 May, mid-way through the second week. Since the amount for May has yet to be debited I suspect the May amount will not be debited until sometime next week.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

See the notice from the Missionary Department dated April 17, 2020. Wards will not be charged for time that missionaries are at home, which includes pre-field training (online MTC).
olafman

Post by olafman »

Thank you. I had not seen that notice. My guess many families have not been made aware of that. Also that the $500 increase is not going into effect. Staying at $400 until further notice.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I also just noticed the memo from April 17 regarding the suspension of payments while missionaries were at home during covid. I noticed that it wasn’t sent to clerks or SP and bishopric counselors, only to the SPs and Bishops.

While helping one of our Clerk’s research an issue, I also noticed that one of our missionaries who was home for a couple months during covid reassignments was only charged a prorated amount upon his return to the field. Anyone else notice this?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”