LDS Tools not working after latest update

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
rjquinn

Re: LDS Tools not working after latest update

Post by rjquinn »

After applying the update my LDS tools has stopped working. This makes it very difficult to do my calling as a Bishop. Is there any way I can just reinstall the old version. It was working great.
kevinjgray

Post by kevinjgray »

I looked for a way to reinstall version 3.6, I could not find it. Here's a link to what I sent in to the "Contact Us" address about my problem-do you see something similar?
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=33221&start=10#p210182
rjquinn

Post by rjquinn »

The message I get is that the app has stopped working. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it worked for a few hours and then stopped working again
cmilliner

Post by cmilliner »

I have the same exact problem as rjquinn. It is making my entire phone unstable. I get the "app has stopped working" message even when I am not using it. So there is something still running in the background that is competing for system resources with what I am running in the foreground. PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cmilliner wrote:PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!
Neither developer nor decision makers visit here. At least not reliably. You need to send feedback via the app. It will include information about your install so they have more information about your device.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drmeagle

Post by drmeagle »

SAME EXPERIENCE! I have had and used LDS Tools for a couple years, but today, it said I need to update before August 31, but today is Sept 6th. So I attempted to update, it won't; so I deleted app and attempted to to download again. And now it is stuck on the "update page" and won't open anything! And given the note above, that no one "reliably" looks at our comments and feedback must be via the app THAT WON'T OPEN! I guess use of LDS TOOLS is done.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Firstly it is now called Member Tools! Secondly it is Sunday and all sorts of weird things happen to data syncing and accessing Church websites. This is an over simplification of what usually happens on Sundays.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you cannot open the app and need to contact support then send an email to membertools@churchofjesuschrist.org. Be sure to include device type, operating system and version, and version of Member Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools not working after latest update

Post by lajackson »

It appears there were some glitches with the latest update. I also received the "you must update by" with a date several weeks old, along with the pop up after every phone call that Member Tools had stopped working. I am guessing that is because I have Caller ID turned on and the phone calls were triggering a crash in Tools. (The caller ID function has not worked very well for a long time for me.)

The proper answer is to send feedback to the Global Services Department. But I will give you a freebie answer from them that worked for me. Of course, since I sent feedback they had the benefit of the technical information from the app that documented the crashes. So your results may vary.

The GSD suggested three options. They were each intended to reset the app. The first one worked for me.

1. Turn off the mobile device completely, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it on again. Rebooting will reset the app.
[I did a restart. That obviates the undefined "wait a couple of minutes", but as IO said, it worked. I would have done the off and on again next.]

2, Delete the app, wait a few hours and then download it from the Play Store. The wait time is crucial to ensure that the old version isn't pulled back up.
[This tells me that there were update and/or syncing problems with the new version.]

3. Go to the More Menus> Settings > Refresh Data.

The GSD said if the problem persisted to let them know. As I mentioned, the first option worked for me. I would have done #3 next, and saved #2 as a last resort.

And if none of this works, you guessed it. Send feedback to the GSD, preferably through the app.
scifipam55

Post by scifipam55 »

How do I use beta version on my android Samsung S10 Galaxy phone? As a of August 30th I have not been able to sync or update my LDS tools on my phone. It always comes up that th is not working. Ps I Used this app a lot, as I am a Relief Society president. Can you help me resolve this issue?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”