Fast Offering Expense Limit?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
AndrewTree

Fast Offering Expense Limit?

Postby AndrewTree » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Is there a limit on how much Fast Offering funds can be used to pay for expenses for a member in need? During a recent Stake Finance Meeting a comment was made that any expenses over $5,000 needed the approval from the Stake President. However, I am having a hard time finding that wording in the current General Handbook. Searching through this Forum there seems to have been guidance in prior General Handbooks that required Stake President approval for medical expenses over $5,000. Do those limits/guidelines still exist?

If they do can someone point me to the right section in the General Handbook that covers this topic on limits?

Thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fast Offering Expense Limit?

Postby russellhltn » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:13 pm

I don't see anything in the current Handbook, but the stake president can impose additional limits.

There are sections of the Handbook that would be good to review, such as 22.6.3.3 "Sustain Life, Not Lifestyle" and 22.6.3.4 "Provide Commodities before Cash" that may be relevant to your situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:47 am

I recall past discussions in this forum regarding medical expenses and if memory serves, there was additional guidance at one time about seeking approval for those when they reached a certain threshold. Is it possible that is what the commend was about in the stake finance meeting?

waltbristow

Postby waltbristow » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:58 pm

I no longer have a calling that grants access to that, but I think it is the info I was remembering...

Return to “Local Unit Finance”