Notes

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Notes

Post by lajackson »

justdaveb wrote:Please let me know how I can get all my scripture study notes back from before 2020.
I would send feedback and ask this question.
mevans

Post by mevans »

justdaveb wrote:I have used the notes tool to add notes over the past 4 or 5 years and all my notes have disappeared from before 2020. This happened when the church website recently went to the new format and was updated. Please let me know how I can get all my scripture study notes back from before 2020.
I've heard of people losing all their notes, but not of a situation where they lost everything before a certain date.

You mentioned the church website, so I assume you're talking about the online notes. Do you happen to have the Gospel Library app (iOS, Android, or Windows 10)? If so, do your notes still appear there? (You might want to be disconnected from the internet when checking, just in case it syncs and decides to wipe out notes you have there.)

Have you gone to the Notes app on the church website to confirm the missing notes, or are you. just noticing from looking at scriptures, etc.?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

justdaveb wrote:I have used the notes tool to add notes over the past 4 or 5 years and all my notes have disappeared from before 2020. This happened when the church website recently went to the new format and was updated. Please let me know how I can get all my scripture study notes back from before 2020.
In addition to the troubleshooting questions above from mevans – are you signed into the same Church Account now as you were then?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
srmcmullin

Post by srmcmullin »

how do I delete Notebooks? I can see how to delete notes, but not the notebooks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

srmcmullin wrote:how do I delete Notebooks? I can see how to delete notes, but not the notebooks.
At Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, you can delete a notebook by going to the Notebooks tab (third icon from the left, in the left sidebar), then tapping the pencil icon – this will turn on "edit mode." in edit mode, there's a trash can button that appears to the left of each notebook. When you're done, you can click the checkmark at the top (where the pencil was), to exit edit mode.
AllanDeLoy

Post by AllanDeLoy »

Have a MacBook Pro. Can"t get notes after signing in. Notes are still there that I made on the MacBook several years ago but now I can only access them on my 15 year old tower computer. I can still make and change notes on the old tower computer but not the Mac. Any thoughts about how to solve the problem?
Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

AllanDeLoy wrote:Have a MacBook Pro. Can"t get notes after signing in. Notes are still there that I made on the MacBook several years ago but now I can only access them on my 15 year old tower computer. I can still make and change notes on the old tower computer but not the Mac. Any thoughts about how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Are you signed in with the same Church Account on both computers?

Are you using a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) on both devices – at Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org or Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org – as opposed to using an app?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”