Calendar Reminders - who gets them?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.markham

Calendar Reminders - who gets them?

Post by david.markham »

As we continue to move towards online meetings and lessons, the calendar function becomes more important. We want to set up a calendar reminders.
Who get's a calendar email reminder? The whole ward? Everyone that subscribed to the calendar?
Is there any documentation on this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar Reminders - who gets them?

Post by lajackson »

david.markham wrote:Who get's a calendar email reminder? The whole ward? Everyone that subscribed to the calendar?
Reminders are supposed to go to everyone that subscribed to the calendar and who have email notifications turned on for that calendar on the Choose Calendars page.

Calendar instructions are in the Help Center. Clicking on the circled question mark icon at the top right of the calendar will take you there.

In my own personal experience, I have found email reminders to be unreliable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. I have found that they work most often if sent when the event is created, and that when you set a reminder for a day or two before the event, it often does not arrive. Others have had success on most occasions.

But remember that once the system sends a reminder, whether or not it gets to a member depends entirely on how they have set their calendar options. A member will not receive a reminder if they never turned on email notifications, or if they never subscribed to the specific calendar.

Return to “Calendar”