Getting Audio right with Virtual Sacrament Meeetings

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting Audio right with Virtual Sacrament Meeetings

Post by russellhltn »

arpitman wrote:Are the red and white RCA audio system line out or in? I would like to use them as INPUT to my mobile phone if they are line out from the audio.
It's line out. Line in has a volume control knob.

Same setup as the 3.5mm plugs, just different connector.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

That is goods news. Most of the cables I have seen are to go from the output of a laptop or phone INTO RCA left and right stereo. Can you recommend a cable that will take the red / white RCA and input into a standard laptop or phone 4 section connector (I think that is the TRRS)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

arpitman wrote:Can you recommend a cable that will take the red / white RCA and input into a standard laptop or phone 4 section connector (I think that is the TRRS)?
Please check the first post in this thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

I am not sure where you are referring to. I read the PDF a couple times and see lots of information about the plug type cables with links, but I don't see anything about an RCA to TRRS.

I also did a search while on the post itself and don't find anything when searching for RCA. Sorry to be a pain, but could you point it right out to me or better yet provide a copy of a link going to the product like the other links?
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

arpitman wrote:I am not sure where you are referring to. I read the PDF a couple times and see lots of information about the plug type cables with links, but I don't see anything about an RCA to TRRS.

I also did a search while on the post itself and don't find anything when searching for RCA. Sorry to be a pain, but could you point it right out to me or better yet provide a copy of a link going to the product like the other links?

You cannot use a RCA to TRRS cable for this purpose. You have to purchase a long Stereo RCA to 3.5mm male TRS cable, which will connect the chapel audio output to a HeadsetBuddy Line-Level to Mic-Level Attentuator. The attentuator's TRRS connector then plugs into the laptop. The PDF has several hookup diagrams depicting setups similar to yours. You just have to replace the TRS to TRS cable that plugs into the record out jack with your RCA to TRS cable.
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-105596 ... B002K7ULJQ
https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Li ... B078HGFS3Z
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Or, you could use an adapter like this and then use the cable others are describing.

While it may not be the smoothest route, you'd have a setup that would work in either kind of chapel.

jamnajar

Post by jamnajar »

We use an 18’ wired lapel mic that clamps to the pulpit mic and travels to the second pew where we sit with a laptop and USB webcam. The lapel mic cost $11 (well 2/$22) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085TK4N92?re ... b_ap_share
A3048933-3AAB-4647-A660-331EF5900D40.jpeg
(3.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The wired lapel mic is omnidirectional so there is a bit of audience (kid) noise, but this was remedied by turning the laptop’s input mic down to 5%, still heard the speaker perfectly.
craneps

Post by craneps »

How about using comtek or listen hearing impaired device and cable it to laptop?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craneps wrote:Why not try using a comtek or listen hearing device. Connected by 3.5 mm , male at both ends between it and your laptop?
There's a number of posts describing the failure or success with attempts at this.

If the computer input is a "headset" (TRRS plug), it won't work. Some receivers require a load to turn on that the computer will not provide. Some of those who have had success report the audio isn't as high quality as the direct connection. Others have been happy with the results.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The original post now has Update #4.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”