Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bretep

Re: Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Post by bretep »

You are correct, the sound isn't great on this camera, which is why we use the audio directly from the church sound system. You can get that sound by plugging in one of there locations depending on the building: under the sacremanet table, at the podium, or under the clerks desk (if your building has one). Someone posted an excellent document about that in another thread.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

bretep wrote:I just got off the phone with J-Tech, they have taken a look at my firmware and are building the remote config functionality into their firmware. They said they'll try to have it to me by end of week!
Any update on the firmware getting updated? I just ordered one of these via
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0761 ... UTF8&psc=1
It should be here Saturday.

BTW - for what it is worth - the Auto Config for the Teradek VidiU GO (they cost about 2x as much as the VidiU Pros and about 9x as much as these J-Tech devices) does not work because the church includes 48000 as the custom audio bitrate in the auto config XML file, and the minimum audio bitrate that the Teradek VidiU Gos support is 96000.

I have a ticket open with the church webcast engineering team about it - but would gladly return the VidiU Go and purchase a bunch of these J-Tech Digital H.264 IP Encoder if they are easy for our Broadcast assistance to use and the quality is decent.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
bretep

Post by bretep »

You can use the firmware that I posted. The only thing added to the binary is the poller and read/writing the configuration file.

J-Tech is focused on building this a new device and writing the firmware for that, which will contain a new user interface as well.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

From what I can see your audio comes through the mini camera and not from the chapel sound system. Is that correct? If you wanted to use a different camera and pull audio from the chapel sound system does the j-tech support this or would you have to use a device to combine the video and audio onto the common hdmi input to jtech box? Any one know of other encoder devices that might work, maybe uRayCoder?
bretep

Post by bretep »

No, we are not using the audio from the camera.
They camera has 2 outputs - audio and video. The audio is not being used.

The video plugs into the video input to RCA to HDMI converter. The chapel audio then goes into the input of the RCA to HDMI converter.

Does that make better sense.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

Yes that makes sense. Thank you.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

A few more questions. It looks like I have about a week to get ready in our Stake.

On the encoder you use auto config. Correct? If you needed to do manual config where would I find the settings and what they show be set to?

Are you aware of any other brand encoders that would work with church webcast system if I can't get a jtech?

Since you have everything automated how do you block out the broadcast during the administration of the sacrament? It has been my observation that the administration of the sacrament length in time varies a lot from ward to ward, especially with covid restrictions.

On the church webcast page are you setting up sacrament meeting events a private or public?

Thanks,
Mike Vail
bretep

Post by bretep »

Brother Vail,

On the J-Tech encoder, I have it using myfirmware following the instructions posted on the github repository from the first post in this thread. That firmware supports the auto config.

If you cannot get the J-Tech encoder, any encoder that has the RTMP setting can be used with the church, facebook, and youtube broadcasting solution. There are many, infact they almost all use the exact same hardware and firmware J-Tech is using. The firmware is just styled differently.

For blocking out the sacrament, I provide a on/off remote control that powers the encoder on/off, see link below. The presiding authority then clicks on or off to start or stop the broadcast. The encoder’s default firmware will keep the settings and automatically start broadcasting when powered on.

I’d suggest installing my firmware for auto config, but if you want to to it manually, you will need network access to the device and goto the webpage to configure the unit before each meeting.

I am setting the meeting up as public. Meetings are public and public is welcome just like attending another ward in person. We need to be sure that we are inviting everyone. The church webcast system is scaled to support 2,000+ viewers per broadcast.

With love,
Brother Bret Palsson

$10 on/off remote control: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-Wir ... /301844750
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

I got my j-tech yesterday, uploaded the custom firmware, and did a successful auto configuration test from my home last night. I plan on doing another full test today or tomorrow at one of our buildings.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
bretep

Post by bretep »

Awesome to hear!

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”