Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bretep

Re: Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Post by bretep »

bphilli7 wrote:I took a picture of the inside of my jtech encoder.

I wonder what J1, J2, J5, J10, and J13 (bottom right, by J11) do...

89AED70D-F4D8-48C6-8613-39D42010C94A.jpeg
Two are USB ports, the other is a JTAG port for serial access... I may have needed that port to unbrick one of my devices when building the firmware. ;)

There is also 12v power and some contacts without header pins that I have not yet tried to figure out.

Also, for the reset button, if anyone has a use, I can detect when it's pressed and do things based on the button being pressed. I can't think of a practical use for that right now. Let me know if you have a request.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

bretep wrote:For the audio being on one channel, I used this splitter, no mixer needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N ... UTF8&psc=1
I used the same splitter. My mixer accepted it just fine, but for some reason my camera “line in” 3.5mm didn’t like the audio when i used and RCA splitter and converted it back to 3.5mm.

I’m thinking about adding a $50 mixer to the setup to help make sure the audio is clean (no hum) and so I have discrete control over the audio volume on the broadcast.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

bretep wrote: I've created a new release that displays the church's logo when there is no signal. Here is a link to the new firmware release.

https://github.com/bretep/webcast-auto- ... tag/v1.0.1
Does updating the firmware preserve existing settings? Or do we need to reapply the configuration in your steps to get the remote configuration setup?

Also, wanted to give you a heads up that I heard from the Church Product Manager for the webcast product and they are planning on removing all parameters from the remote configuration file except the Stream URL and Stream Name so that they can have the greatest comparability with the most devices (since Teradek Pros are no longer available.

They didn’t have an ETA for when this would happen, but I thought you may want a heads up in case you need to update your custom firmware instructions or even release a new version of your firmware if/when this happens.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
bphilli7

Post by bphilli7 »

bretep wrote:
Two are USB ports, the other is a JTAG port for serial access... I may have needed that port to unbrick one of my devices when building the firmware. ;)
Funny.
bretep wrote: There is also 12v power and some contacts without header pins that I have not yet tried to figure out.

Also, for the reset button, if anyone has a use, I can detect when it's pressed and do things based on the button being pressed. I can't think of a practical use for that right now. Let me know if you have a request.
I think J10 might be analog audio inputs, or maybe analog audio out. Two pairs of wires, maybe R/L. They go straight to the processor.

Do you know the part number of the processor? I don't want to remove my heat sink.

U20 looks like a coin cell battery contact.
bretep

Post by bretep »

Yes, the upgrade preserves all parameters set. Also to note, my firmware will only modify the settings documented in the README file on GitHub and only if you have set the remote configuration URL. Otherwise, my firmware does nothing.

For clarity, the parameters my firmware will control are:
The main stream’s:
- RTMP URL
- RTMP Enable/Disable
- Video bitrate
- Audio bitrate

They will only be controlled if:
- OSD > Substream3 > Zone 1 is enabled and the txt field is set with a valid URL.

Everything else is up to the end user. I personally disable all other outputs, but I’m not going to try and force anyone else to. :) Everybody have different needs.
bretep

Post by bretep »

bphilli7 wrote:
bretep wrote:
Funny.
bretep wrote: There is also 12v power and some contacts without header pins that I have not yet tried to figure out.

I think J10 might be analog audio inputs, or maybe analog audio out. Two pairs of wires, maybe R/L. They go straight to the processor.

Do you know the part number of the processor? I don't want to remove my heat sink.

U20 looks like a coin cell battery contact.
I have documentation for the chipset. This is good information. PM me and let’s get hooked up on more real-time communication platform. Happy to share what I know and documento on I have.
bretep

Post by bretep »

hicksticks2001 wrote:
bretep wrote: I've created a new release that displays the church's logo when there is no signal. Here is a link to the new firmware release.

https://github.com/bretep/webcast-auto- ... tag/v1.0.1
Does updating the firmware preserve existing settings? Or do we need to reapply the configuration in your steps to get the remote configuration setup?

Also, wanted to give you a heads up that I heard from the Church Product Manager for the webcast product and they are planning on removing all parameters from the remote configuration file except the Stream URL and Stream Name so that they can have the greatest comparability with the most devices (since Teradek Pros are no longer available.

They didn’t have an ETA for when this would happen, but I thought you may want a heads up in case you need to update your custom firmware instructions or even release a new version of your firmware if/when this happens.
This information is correct.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

I acquired a jtech so would be interested in fw updates.
bretep

Post by bretep »

Awesome! I’m about done with a new UI which I’ll finish in the next couple of days. This will make the J-Tech extremely simple to setup and superior to the teredek experience. I don’t worry. I’ll have a link to the original interface for everything I’m not adding to the UI.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bphilli7 wrote:COVID-19 has local church leadership requiring that we broadcast these meetings while allowing the bishop to cut the feed as soon as the local congregation is ready for the sacrament ordinance. But the bishop (or anyone in ward leadership, for that matter) does not have the ability to cut the feed through the webcast system.
We are allowing wards at the stake center to use the actual system, which gathers the camera and audio signals at the main AV rack where the VIdiU is also located. Each ward is designating someone to be trained on how to change the video switch from camera to black, and the audio panel from Webcast to Off while the ordinance of the sacrament is taking place. They will then be able to select the camera again on the video switch and the webcast audio on the audio switch.

It is not difficult, once you figure out which two buttons you need to push in a 7-ft electronic rack located behind the choir seats.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”