Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
hicksticks2001

Re: Simple Fully Automated worship webcast with Meetinghouse Webcast

Post by hicksticks2001 »

jstanworth wrote:If I had one request, it would be minor. Maybe the no-signal screen could say something like "Sacrament currently being administered" so if someone joined then, they'd know what's going on?
I recommend leaving the "no HDMI signal message" as being generic (I love the simplicity of showing the Church Logo with no message) because there are many use cases as to why these devices could be used and why they may not get a signal from the HDMI input.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm a bit concerned about use of the church logo.

General Handbook 38.8.11:
The Church’s official logotype ... is to be used only for items approved by the Correlation Department at Church headquarters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

I ran a quick test with the HDMI unplugged from the jtech encoder. The Church Logo comes up for a few seconds and then goes away and the stream returns to the church default stream. It looks like the logo is not a stream so it drops out.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote:
mevans wrote:If you have an HDMI distribution system with an Extron switcher, you can get a remote. We have one in the stake center chapel. It's mounted in a single-gang box. You might ask your FM group about it.
I have a remote. But since you have to be standing right in front of the switcher to gain line of sight, you might as well just push the button. I do not have an HDMI distribution system, so you also have to press the sound distribution panel buttons.
Ours is a wired remote to the switcher. The rack is not near the chapel.
vailmd

Post by vailmd »

Sorry I continue to ask questions. But do you setup different viewing url's for each ward in the church webcast page or do you use the same url with different event id's? Also can you set up reoccurring (every week) event or do you have to add event every week?
bretep

Post by bretep »

sbradshaw wrote: Can you detect a long-press differently from a regular press? If so, could a long press be used to "pause" the broadcast with a specific message on the screen during the sacrament? (Though given the choice, I would still recommend doing the sacrament before or after.)
Yes
bretep

Post by bretep »

vailmd wrote:Sorry I continue to ask questions. But do you setup different viewing url's for each ward in the church webcast page or do you use the same url with different event id's? Also can you set up reoccurring (every week) event or do you have to add event every week?
You only get one URL using the church webcast manager. You then schedule each meeting and they all show up on that URL if they are marked public (which is the default)
bretep

Post by bretep »

russellhltn wrote:I'm a bit concerned about use of the church logo.

General Handbook 38.8.11:
The Church’s official logotype ... is to be used only for items approved by the Correlation Department at Church headquarters.
I obtained it from the media press kit. If they have an issue with me using the logo, they have my information and will reach out to me. I'm confident in the way the logo is being used would be acceptable, given when there is no stream you see the choir singing and other official church information.
bretep

Post by bretep »

New Firmware Release with a User Interface!

The new firmware adds a menu item called "Auto Configuration" which takes you to a new user interface where all you have to do is enter in the URL you get from http://webcast.churchofjesuschrist.org/ under the Teredek > Registered Devices > Remote Config URL button. You then check the Auto configuration enabled box and Save Configuration button.

That is all you need to do and you can begin scheduling your meetings using http://webcast.churchofjesuschrist.org/.

Another firmware update is in the works, but it will be next week sometime. This will add better monitoring and allow you to see how all your devices are performing in real-time on one dashboard. This will be an opt-in only feature since you will be sending metrics to a server. I will be providing the monitoring service free of charge.

The new firmware can be downloaded here: https://github.com/bretep/webcast-auto- ... tag/v1.0.2

Please consider staring the github repository and following the project or releases. This benefits you and me. You get to receive notifications on new releases and I get to see how helpful my firmware is to others.
screenshot-webcast-on.png
Screenshot of the User Interface
(79.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MKenAnderson

Post by MKenAnderson »

bretep - I'm dying and am in need of some help with the configuration of the J-Tech JTD-220

Following your directions seemed very easy; to me, they were very clear and methodical. However, after several Resets, reloads of your up.rar, and re-configurations I still receive the Begin Encoding message in Meetinghouse Webcasting.

Did I miss something? After changing the IP, I set everything in ENCODER > MAINSTREAM to DISABLE, and in OSD > SUBSTREAM3 > ZONE 1 I set ZONE to ENABLE, TYPE to TXT, and pasted the REMOTE CONFIG URL from Meetinghouse Webcast into the TEXT field. I repeated these steps several times, on one iteration APPLYing and REBOOTing after each individual change. I have not yet been able to broadcast with the JTD-220. I did test my output from the AV2HDMI, and have audio and video going into the JTD-220.

Would you have time for phone consultation?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”