can't save any annotations to Abraham 4

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dhopkins76

can't save any annotations to Abraham 4

Post by dhopkins76 »

I can't save any annotations to Abraham 4 in the online scriptures on the web. Other chapters (at least in Abraham) have been affected too. This has been the case for at least a week. Other parts of the scriptures work fine, but not these. I'm freshly logged in, etc. I've replicated it over and over. Gospel Library app scriptures seem to work though. The error message I get is "Unable to save annotation."

Also, I notice that in that chapter, there are no spaces between the verse number and the first word of the verse, like there are in all the other scriptures online. Maybe that's a clue? Related?
Last edited by dhopkins76 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhopkins76

Re: can't save any annotations to Abraham 4

Post by dhopkins76 »

The error message I get is "Unable to save annotation."
mevans

Post by mevans »

Somewhat recently I have had issues saving annotations (although it hasn't caused me problems in the past week). I haven't tried Abraham 4 specifically. I'll try to do that.

A recommendation is to first try highlighting the scripture to see if that is saved. Does it save? If so, then try editing the annotation. Try tags first and see if they save. Then try entering text. All of my issues have been with text, not with the highlights and tags. I'm curious if you see the same behavior.
dhopkins76

Post by dhopkins76 »

Thanks for the reply! Nothing saves, not even simple highlights or tags. I get the message each time it tries to auto-save too. For example, when I highlight some text, then click the tag option in the pop over and the note screen appears, before I even interact with it I get an AJAX-driven "Unable to save annotation" message. Then each time I try to do something I get it the error again.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I finally tested Abraham 4 today and you're correct: annotations don't work on that page. I noticed the page formatting is different, too. Note that there is no space between the verse number and the text like there is on other pages, either. I get the same errors.
I suggest submitting Feedback about the problem (scroll the left panel down until you see "Feedback" and click on it.
dhopkins76

Post by dhopkins76 »

Thank you! Yes, exactly what I've noticed too. I'm submitting feedback now...though I might have already. Is this the best way to get this issue in front of a developer?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

dhopkins76 wrote:Thank you! Yes, exactly what I've noticed too. I'm submitting feedback now...though I might have already. Is this the best way to get this issue in front of a developer?
Feedback is the only official way to get issues in front of those who direct the developer's priorities. There is no guarantee posts here will be seen by them.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davesudweeks wrote:
dhopkins76 wrote:Thank you! Yes, exactly what I've noticed too. I'm submitting feedback now...though I might have already. Is this the best way to get this issue in front of a developer?
Feedback is the only official way to get issues in front of those who direct the developer's priorities. There is no guarantee posts here will be seen by them.
Well, there is another way - you can ask your stake president to bring the issue up in the coordinating council he participates in.
dhopkins76

Post by dhopkins76 »

I submitted feedback and just got an email back today - they fixed it! Hooray!
mevans

Post by mevans »

I confirmed it's working for me, too.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”