LDS Tools: Sync Fails with "Error Downloading"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jenmeeks

Re: LDS Tools: Sync Fails with "Error Downloading"

Post by jenmeeks »

I’m having the same issue too. Tried reinstalling, starting my phone and nothing works.
jficklin

Post by jficklin »

Same problem here. What’s worse is after I wait for download to fail and get the error, clicking ok takes me back to login screen- upon entering login credentials takes me back to update screen- download eventually fails- etc. etc. in an endless loop. If an update ever fail there is no way to use the app with existing data. The app is a brick until a successful update completes. This can be days or weeks. I can login to churchofjesuschrist.org directory but this doesn’t have ministering assignments which is what I need. Help, please.
blackmarsh

Post by blackmarsh »

Same issue as others have described. Tried deleting and reloading the app. It asks for UN and PW then is stuck with a small box that says "Updating..." Nothing happens and eventually it just kicks me back to the initial login screen and then eventually gets the "Failed to download. Please try again later" message. Please help.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

jficklin wrote:Same problem here. What’s worse is after I wait for download to fail and get the error, clicking ok takes me back to login screen- upon entering login credentials takes me back to update screen- download eventually fails- etc. etc. in an endless loop. If an update ever fail there is no way to use the app with existing data. The app is a brick until a successful update completes. This can be days or weeks. I can login to churchofjesuschrist.org directory but this doesn’t have ministering assignments which is what I need. Help, please.
I have the exact same problem as described here. I've been trying for several days to sync. I've used three different iOS devices, and have the same problem with all three. I'm the stake executive secretary, and rely on this tool to be able to contact the members of our stake. It's pretty frustrating to have this broken for days.
dturnerndr

Post by dturnerndr »

Updating failed for me yesterday 10/11/2020 AND then wouldn't recognize username/password.

I've deleted and reinstalled app on my iPhone, reinstalled and reset password 4-5 times so far.
Goes to Update screen and circle gets stuck about 1/4 way around and quits with
"Error Member Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later."
Then after pressing "OK" I get "Failed to download. Please try again later."
Pressing "OK" from that screen goes to "twirly" Updating" on right side of screen. But updating hasn't occurred yet.

Very frustrating! Please help!!
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Quick update. I was able to finally able to sync this morning :D
leviearljones

Post by leviearljones »

Just chiming in to say as of 10/18/2020 I am having the exact same problem. I really hope this can be solved soon. We just moved to a new area.
djbradfield

Post by djbradfield »

I am having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. As is my eternal companion.
rcronk

Post by rcronk »

Same problem here as well for several weeks. If anyone figures this out, post a solution here.
chinckley

Post by chinckley »

Exact same issue with iPhone XR, iOS 14.0.1.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”