Is mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org down for anyone else?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
hicksticks2001

Is mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org down for anyone else?

Post by hicksticks2001 »

http://mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org/ isn't loading for me. It is 10:35am Sunday morning on November 8th.

Is Anyone else having the problem? Any know if Church Technology Services is aware of the problem?
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
hicksticks2001

Re: Is mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org down for anyone else?

Post by hicksticks2001 »

It's back up for me now - the outage was only a few minutes.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah. it was giving me fits too. You weren't imagining things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It is very disconcerting when all of your planned events go away at the same time, including several with servers already spinning. I am glad it is just an interface and that it came back up in a few minutes.

The challenge for me was that, at the time, I was reading the URL address and streaming code to a very nervous and befuddled person who was trying to load them into OBS because sacrament meeting was going to start in a few minutes and he had managed to wipe out his server connection information.

The joys of being new on the job. The excitement of technology in a connected world. Great and marvelous blessings for everyone. I have decided that the Liahona must not have been very complicated at all. I think sometimes that we should just give one of them to everyone and forget this Internet business.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

We had several reports from members saying the webpage simply didn't load between 9 through 11:30 AM. It took them numerous refreshes before it loaded.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I was having spotty problems connecting as well. I also was seeing in the Meetinghouse Webcast dashboard a few Media Server icons flashing red during active meetings, but there were no disruption to the webcasts themselves. Strange...
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”