Recurring events with Church Webcast scheduler

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jsorens6

Re: Recurring events with Church Webcast scheduler

Post by jsorens6 »

bartj wrote:Recurring event for the Church webcast solution is being worked on now. We hope to deploy this in the coming weeks.
That's great!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Those of you with access to Technology Manager will be able to see the planned schedule for an update that should make this function available later in the week.
sbpope

Post by sbpope »

I am looking forward to this update.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

The ability to schedule a weekly recurring event will be deployed tomorrow. Unfortunately, every event will still have a unique RTMP stream for the encoder. We are working on a static RTMP stream that is assigned to an encoder/location and hope to deploy this in several weeks.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bartj wrote:Unfortunately, every event will still have a unique RTMP stream for the encoder.
I was wondering if the upgrade included static RTMP credentials. Thanks for clearing that up.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bartj wrote:We are working on a static RTMP stream that is assigned to an encoder/location and hope to deploy this in several weeks.
It would be nice if the encoder could have the static RTMP. That way, multiple wards could share the same equipment with recurring events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

Scheduling reoccurring meetings was deployed this week - but the Stream URL and Stream Name still change each week. The WebCast portal said they are trying to support static encoding URLs and Stream Names by the end of November.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
TJHill

Post by TJHill »

hicksticks2001 wrote:Scheduling reoccurring meetings was deployed this week - but the Stream URL and Stream Name still change each week. The WebCast portal said they are trying to support static encoding URLs and Stream Names by the end of November.
Do we know a date on this yet or if it is still on schedule? Working with My stake presidency on helping the wards and it would be helpful to be able to provide an ETA.

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TJHill wrote:Do we know a date on this yet or if it is still on schedule?
They do not tell us these things. If the planets align, you might get November 29, but I would not plan on anything until December (6th) at the earliest. And even then, you will know it is going to happen when it happens.

There are methods to autoconfigure now. But folks will still need to know how to manually enter URL/streaming codes anyway because things happen, events change, the new year is approaching and, sadly, the planets do not always align. (Ref: Isaiah 24:20; Doctrine and Covenants 45:48, 49:23, 88:87)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From what I've seen, ETAs are rarely given. When they are given, ETAs that are further than two weeks into the future tend to become wildly optimistic.

While I'm sure you would like a ETA, I'm not sure how one would alter any decisions or planning. Even if a ETA was given, you'd have to proceed on a "it's coming, we're not sure when" basis.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”