Contact info

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
dcpierce9000

Contact info

Post by dcpierce9000 »

I am in the branch presidency. There is a brother in our branch who uses the church directory to send threatening mass emails. I want to remove his email address from the directory. Is there any way I can block his ability to edit his contact information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Contact info

Post by russellhltn »

I would contact support. I strongly suspect there's some kind of switch they can throw to put an end to that. Perhaps by denying him access to the directory.

Depending on what he is sending, it might cross into the area of disciplinary action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
heidiawbrey

Post by heidiawbrey »

I'm surprised you have not contacted the brother directly. Let him know his emails are offending people, not bringing them closer to Christ. All of our emails should have that intent, and it's not his place, calling or assignment to chastise the ward in this way. Let him know that instead, sharing a General Conference message or other uplifting, short post might be more helpful.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would be very surprised if he hasn't already been contacted. This brother may be beyond caring about offending others.

Depending on the threats, a more appropriate action might be to report the emails to the police and let the "laws of the land" take care of him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Contact the Global Services Department for assistance.

Return to “Links & Resources”