Donations for Minors

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
ballam

Re: Donations for Minors

Post by ballam »

I would also like a way for my 9 & 11yr old children to pay online. Our ward is encouraging everyone to pay online right now due to the coronavirus. I didn't realize that's not possible for people younger than 13.

Could the church set up a way for the parent to send in funds for their minor's tithing? My boys are worried they told the bishop they would have their tithing paid by the end of 2020, but now they can't pay online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ballam wrote:Could the church set up a way for the parent to send in funds for their minor's tithing?
This is primarily a user-to-user forum. The decision makers who could make this happen (assuming that the legal department would allow it) don't visit here.

There is the ability to attach a note to a donation. It's unclear if that note is visible to the clerk or bishop.

ballam wrote:My boys are worried they told the bishop they would have their tithing paid by the end of 2020, but now they can't pay online.
I think this is a good learning opportunity. Either they need to come up with something else, or have them report back to the bishop that on-line tithing isn't an option for them due to their age.

Assuming that you have any kind of in-person meetings, "little gray envelopes" are still an option. They could even be mailed to the bishop's home.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:There is the ability to attach a note to a donation. It's unclear if that note is visible to the clerk or bishop.
It is my understanding that any note entered appears only on the online donation slip and is not visible to the clerk or bishop. The clerk only sees the donation amounts that are recorded on the Church records. He does not get a copy of an online donation slip..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Still, I think the amount would be a tip-off that something's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”