Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
andrewjorgensen

Re: Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Post by andrewjorgensen »

I'm getting an error "Cannot create a new Zoom Account." when trying to transfer the Zoom account for our Edmonds ward. The site says to come to the forum for help, so here I am.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

andrewjorgensen wrote:I'm getting an error "Cannot create a new Zoom Account." when trying to transfer the Zoom account for our Edmonds ward. The site says to come to the forum for help, so here I am.
This post in another related topic explains your options.
andrewjorgensen

Post by andrewjorgensen »

lajackson wrote:
andrewjorgensen wrote:I'm getting an error "Cannot create a new Zoom Account." when trying to transfer the Zoom account for our Edmonds ward. The site says to come to the forum for help, so here I am.
This post in another related topic explains your options.
Thanks, that post alone didn't help, but some others in the thread gave some clues that might. I'll update if anything actually works.
sdmahouston

Post by sdmahouston »

I was able to create one zoom license for a ward using a new email address. However, when I try to create a zoom license for a ward that already has a paid zoom account, using the email address from the existing zoom account, I get an error stating that it can't create the license. I'm guess it is related to the fact that the zoom account already exists. I'd like to transfer these accounts over to get credit for them for the church but it seems like that is not working. Any ideas?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sdmahouston wrote:I'd like to transfer these accounts over to get credit for them for the church but it seems like that is not working. Any ideas?
There has not yet been much transfer success. I have just created new accounts as the monthly accounts expire. Fortunately, none of our units paid for a year in advance.
pchase2000

Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Post by pchase2000 »

Hello, The information on transferring a locally purchased prepaid Zoom account is either not accurate or not thorough enough.

Above the section where you ADD AN ACCOUNT it says "Click here for information on transferring a locally purchased prepaid Zoom account....

After doing that the document says the following:
Step 1: Enter the email address associated with the locally purchased Zoom account when creating a Church account on meet.churchofjesuschrist.org.
Step 2: Click "Approve The Request" in the “Zoom account invitation” email sent by Zoom to the address provided during the account creation process.

The issue is, it never sends the email.... It just says "ERROR" when we try to input that original email address. So we never get the invitation email so that we can click on "Approve The Request"

Please advise what to do from here.

We have accounts set up in each ward but want to transfer to these new Zoom accounts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pchase2000 wrote:The issue is, it never sends the email.... It just says "ERROR" when we try to input that original email address.
Questions: How were people logging into that account? Via email/zoom password, or via Google/Facebook login?

pchase2000 wrote:We have accounts set up in each ward but want to transfer to these new Zoom accounts.
Since the account has already been created, it would have to be done manually by informing someone. I'm not sure if that's zoom or church support.

Or, you could simply opt to not renew it if it's on monthly billing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:
pchase2000 wrote:The issue is, it never sends the email.... It just says "ERROR" when we try to input that original email address.
Questions: How were people logging into that account? Via email/zoom password, or via Google/Facebook login?
In my case, our SP used his personal email address and I definitely get the same error. No one seems to be able to get past Step 1 of Bret's PDF:
bretbassett wrote:Step 1: Enter the email address associated with the locally purchased Zoom account when creating a Church account on meet.churchofjesuschrist.org.
If an email address is already associated with a Zoom account, an error is produced and there doesn't seem to be any way around it.
russellhltn wrote:Or, you could simply opt to not renew it if it's on monthly billing.
If it's a month-to-month plan, then STS's really don't need Bret's PDF. Just cancel the subscription and when that runs out at the end of the month (or whenever the term ends), switch to the church's General Zoom account. It's those that tried to be frugal by purchasing a 1 year subscription that this applies to. Since the church will be paying either by reimbursement to my SP for his contract, or by our stake having a church General Zoom account, it would be far better for everyone if the former could be transferred to the latter. Unfortunately, the process to do this is either broken, or not spelled out correctly.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ljgiles

Post by ljgiles »

I have an issue with our stake account. All the ward accounts were setup and are working fine. I went through the process to transfer our prepaid stake account to the Church and it did not take. The issue now is the stake account is listed as "setup not Complete" but will not let me remove it to start over. I get the error, Cannot Remove the new Zoom Account. Please try again later. it has now been two days and try again later is not working.

Any suggestions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ljgiles wrote:The issue now is the stake account is listed as "setup not Complete" but will not let me remove it to start over.
I have the identical problem and have sent feedback. I have not yet received a response.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”