Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
davidanderspatten

Re: Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Post by davidanderspatten »

Error - Cannot create a new Zoom Account.
I too get this message when trying to use an email address already associated with a locally purchased Zoom account.
Looking for a way around it. Ward clerk doesn't really want to loose all the existing meeting they have set up. Otherwise, it appears the easy solution to this is to have him close the existing account.
David P
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

We have been working with Zoom to resolve the "Cannot create a new Zoom account" error. We were informed by Zoom that they will block the transfer of licenses associated accounts that have "unresolved issues". An example they provided was a stake that signed up for a Zoom Business account with 10 users. In this scenario the primary "owner email" can't be transferred to the Church until all other "users" are disabled or removed. They didn't provide any other specific examples of unresolved issues unfortunately. I'm sure this example will apply to some getting the error message but not all.

I created a post with the information we've received but it doesn't have a lot more than this in it - viewtopic.php?f=146&t=38125.

The main thing is anyone getting this message will need to contact Zoom to figure out why their account cannot be transferred to the Church.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

In reference to my above:

I received a follow up call from Zoom on this just now. They are looking at other options to facilitate these in a different manner. Hold off on the mass calls or emails to Zoom for another 24 hours as they look at other resolutions. I'll update the end of day tomorrow.

If you need to make the switch immediately, the only option is to use a different email address. That means if you have a paid account you'd need to cancel it as noted above.
ljgiles

Post by ljgiles »

I have sent feedback too. I will post if when/if I hear back.
justinp

Post by justinp »

Would be helpful if assistant stake technology assistants had permission.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

justinp wrote:Would be helpful if assistant stake technology assistants had permission.
How so? The task is nothing more than matching a unit to an email. After that, everything passes to whoever's email was selected.

I suspect the reason for limiting it is that it offers access to the licenses of ALL wards in the stake. Assistants are frequently assigned to assist just one ward.

Also, this page has the power of canceling a ward's license. Things can quickly get out of hand if too many have access and they don't communicate. An example might be a disagreement on who should have control of a ward's account.

If stakes don't have a functioning STS, then they have a problem they need to solve.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kongjy

Post by kongjy »

I have signed up a Zoom account for my Stake unit, and found that we have been assigned as Member role in the Account Profile with no admin privileges. What that means is that we will not be able to roll into locally purchased licenses. I have talked with a Zoom billing support, and we directed to this link - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... ed-domains, which is how Zoom does it. So as far as I can tell, the two links provided on the Zoom-Meet Enroll page are misleading and does not apply to us in any way.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

All,

We continue to work with Zoom on an automated solution to transfer accounts that have failed to transfer through the meet portal. In the meantime, we have identified an alternative method for getting these transferred. If you still have an account that could not be transferred through the portal that you would like transferred, please visit this Microsoft form survey and provide the requested information.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... VOUDRKTS4u

It is critical that you provide all the information requested and that it is accurate. We have successfully tested this with a number of accounts that could not transfer and hope this will be a means of resolving most of the outstanding transfer issues.

Thanks!
torriem

Post by torriem »

So far I've had zero luck using email addresses associated with existing accounts, paid or otherwise. In some cases the wards changed their zoom account email addresses on their paid accounts so I could sign them up for church accounts using their preferred email addresses. So now the paid email address is now different from email address associated with the church zoom account. Will the new mechanism Zoom is working on handle this scenario? Thanks.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

All my transfer requests are getting this:

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”