Can't Transfer Zoom License to Church Account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Can't Transfer Zoom License to Church Account

Post by bartj »

This post applies to those who have received the following error messages when trying to transfer a Zoom license to the Church account:

"Can't create a Zoom account"
"Zoom is not permitting this email to be transferred to the Church account"

We are sorry you are experiencing problems transferring your Zoom license to the Church account. Occasionally Zoom will not allow license transfers due unresolved issues on an account.

As an example, if a stake previously signed up for a Zoom Business account with 10 users, it will not be possible to transfer the account "owner email" to the Church until all of the associated "users" are disabled or removed.

Contact Zoom to determine what needs to be done on your account in order for the license to be successfully transferred to the Church.

Stakes that do not want to work with Zoom to fix outstanding account issues can request a Church-provided Zoom licenses with an email address that is not blocked by Zoom. Stakes that decide to do this will need to contact Zoom to cancel the old account, if desired.
TJHill

Re: Can't Transfer Zoom License to Church Account

Post by TJHill »

Appreciate everything you are doing. Adding the ability for ASTS to do this may be extremely beneficial as my STS may not be as inclined to have a chat with ZOOM tech support.

This is an amazing thing the Church has rolled out and I believe this will help us continue to reach out during these unprecedented times.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

Received a follow up call from Zoom on this just now. They are looking at other options to facilitate these in a different manner. Hold off on the mass calls or emails to Zoom for another 24 hours as they look at other resolutions. I'll update the end of day tomorrow.

If you need to make the switch immediately, the only option is to use a different email address. That means if you have a paid account you'd need to cancel it as noted above.
theorbitz

Post by theorbitz »

bartj wrote:Received a follow up call from Zoom on this just now. They are looking at other options to facilitate these in a different manner. Hold off on the mass calls or emails to Zoom for another 24 hours as they look at other resolutions. I'll update the end of day tomorrow.

If you need to make the switch immediately, the only option is to use a different email address. That means if you have a paid account you'd need to cancel it as noted above.
Another option is to change the original zoom account to another email address and then use the original email to register the new church sponsored zoom account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

theorbitz wrote:Another option is to change the original zoom account to another email address and then use the original email to register the new church sponsored zoom account.
True, but that still leaves you with manually canceling that account instead of any kind of automatic transfer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jepthy

Post by jepthy »

I have tried to call Zoom about this issue, but they are only accepting calls from people with a pro account. I don’t have a pro account number to get past their dial board. Do you have a more direct phone number to use?
Thank you
dgregory23

Post by dgregory23 »

I just submitted a ticket after talking to a support rep on chat, they had no clue what to do. I'll add anything useful if I get a response.
tbingh

Post by tbingh »

Anybody have any recent updates on this issue? It feels a lot like this license transfer process has never actually worked. I've tried with 3 different ward accounts and get the same transfer error message on all 3 tries. Without this working, the process to get these set up is *really* clunky and more complex than it should be.
stevemartin

Post by stevemartin »

Anything new on this? I have 3 wards that already have Zoom accounts and when I try to put in their email, I just get the error saying:

Error
Sorry, at this time Zoom will not allow the Church to transfer the email address provided (EMAIL ADDRESS). Please activate with a different email address.

I don't think Zoom is letting any existing accounts actually be able to convert to the church provided accounts. I'm hoping they fix things to allow this to work soon. Please update if anyone has additional info, especially those who have reached out to Zoom already.
fanoraz

Post by fanoraz »

I had no issues to enroll for Zoom accounts for our stake and units, but I'm a bit confused with the process of transferring our current licenses to Church account.

The step 1 from the instructions says to "Enter the email address associated with the locally purchased Zoom account when creating a Church account on meet.churchofjesuschrist.org."

When I go to meet.churchofjesuschrist.org as stake clerk/STS, I see "Zoom Accounts for Church Units" and "A Goolge Meet Account" enrollment at the welcome page. I don't see any option to enter an email address or anything else, so I thought that the Zoom account owner should log on instead. I asked the stake executive secretary who purchased one of the licenses to log on. As soon as he logged on, he got the message "Congratulations, your new Google Account is available!", and a new Google account name (i.e. <name>@meet.churchofjesuschrist.org) was generated automatically for him. It doesn't seem there is a way for us to transfer our licenses to Church account.
Last edited by fanoraz on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”