Current Missionaries Serving from the Stake Display

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mitchrichie

Current Missionaries Serving from the Stake Display

Post by mitchrichie »

Couldn't seem to find much about this on the forum. My Stake President has requested that we look into creating some kind of digital display in the stake office hallway that would show current missionaries serving from our stake with a little info like which mission they are in. My thought was to create a webpage that could be pulled up on a smart TV or monitor mounted on the wall.

Has anybody done anything like this? If so I'd love to see how you are doing it before I go to create something new.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Current Missionaries Serving from the Stake Display

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check with FM to make sure they'd allow that. It's their walls.

I'm not sure what your turnover is, but perhaps a digital file that can be taken down to the printers would be the way to go. Less chance of theft. Less likely that FM will object.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mitchrichie wrote:Has anybody done anything like this? If so I'd love to see how you are doing it before I go to create something new.
I have seen one. It was a very large touch screen that also served up the Church sites and was used by the missionaries during their meetinghouse tours to run videos for visitors. I will try to remember where (i.e., ask my children which one of them has it in their foyer).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I have seen one. It was a very large touch screen that also served up the Church sites and was used by the missionaries during their meetinghouse tours to run videos for visitors.
It sounds more like a visitor center setup. Is the stake associated with one?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cdminer

Post by cdminer »

This might fit the bill: https://www.missionarydisplay.com/missi ... lds-stakes

I used it in a previous stake and it worked fairly well. The stake presidency liked it as a missionary tool.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cdminer wrote:This might fit the bill:
And that, I believe, is exactly what I saw. Missionary plaques taken to a whole new level.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. I wonder what the price tag is. (If you have to ask...)

I still think a conversation with FM group is needed. You don't want to buy it and then be told you're not allowed to mount it to the wall.

I'm remembering some posts here where bishops had that experience with flat screens mounted in their office for meetings.

cdminer

Post by cdminer »

russellhltn wrote:Interesting. I wonder what the price tag is. (If you have to ask...)
Unless things have changed, the apps are free and you can put together your own display setup. The touchscreen interface was the most expensive part at the time and I'm guessing that's still the case today for a larger display.

Definitely work with your FM group. We had a very accommodating FM manager at the time and got approvals for everything.
mitchrichie

Post by mitchrichie »

Thanks! I knew someone had probably put together a solution...

I'll submit a request for a proposal and see if our Stake President has sticker shock.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:I still think a conversation with FM group is needed.
Totally agree about FM. A permanent fixture needing electricity requires the wiring be done up to code and that usually involves a licensed contractor.

Return to “General Discussions”