Setup Computer

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Amailei37

Setup Computer

Post by Amailei37 »

I need assistance with our Stake Office computer. When I go to open a browser, it says when troubleshooting, the problem detected is the network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Setup Computer

Post by russellhltn »

Contact your STS. It sounds like a local network issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Amailei37

Post by Amailei37 »

Hi Russell, we don't have a STS. I'm a newly called Stake Clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Amailei37 wrote:Hi Russell, we don't have a STS. I'm a newly called Stake Clerk.
As indicated in the other post, no one will step in and do that job. It might be as simple as needing to reboot the modem or firewall. But you need someone with basic network knowledge.

Among the issues: Only an STS can activate a church Zoom license.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Amailei37 wrote:Hi Russell, we don't have a STS. I'm a newly called Stake Clerk.
Congratulations on your new calling. Technically, you are the STS until someone else is called by the stake. So identify your friends with computer understanding and experience, pray about them, and then ask the stake presidency to call one of them to assist you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Technically, you are the STS until someone else is called by the stake.
Probably, but I don't think you get all the electronic keys to the calling unless you actually hold the title.
lajackson wrote:So identify your friends with computer understanding and experience, pray about them, and then ask the stake presidency to call one of them to assist you.
He needs to be a Melchizedek Priesthood holder who is worthy to have a temple recommend. (General Handbook 33.3.3) The assistant STS can be female or a youth.

STS Duties outlined in General Handbook 33.3.3.2

Return to “Clerk Computers”