Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
macklund

Re: Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Post by macklund »

I’m an STS. Tried moving an existing paid Zoom Pro account over to the church plan. That didn’t work, so I tried using a new email address. This generates the invite from zoom but when I click on the email link, I get an error from zoom “User not exist. (1,001)”. Anyone else having this problem, or any suggestions?
Thanks!
Mack
kleavitt

Post by kleavitt »

One of the units in our stake wants to upload images for virtual backgrounds. When we click the + to add images it says "you cannot upload images or videos due to restrictions placed by your admin". I can't tell if this is an option controlled by the Church admin or if this is a setting we can change. Anyone else able to upload backgrounds?
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

Question regarding getting these out to the local units: Should we set up a gmail account that is specific to the particular unit, ie, Unit1234567@gmail.com, and then email the information to each units bishopric ?? That way I would not be using my particular email on each request. As a side note, gives them an address to utilize however they desire.
tkendall1

Post by tkendall1 »

Yes! I'm getting the same "User not exist. (1,001)" error message when attempting to activate the Zoom account for two (2) of our units. I've tried contacting Zoom tech support: no dice. They require the meeting ID and Host code, and of course I don't have those *since the account never activated*. I've tried cancelling ("remove") the two accounts in question from the meet.ChurchofJesusChrist.org site but that hasn't worked. Zoom won't pick up the phone because I'm not the system administrator for the entire Church account, and the Church HQ won't talk to me because it says to use this forum. What to do??? Oh yes... the other 11 accounts set up just fine, including those that I transferred from previous paid accounts.
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

Check the Official Notices tab under the Official Communications Library dated December 11
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rscorse47 wrote:Question regarding getting these out to the local units: Should we set up a gmail account that is specific to the particular unit, ie, Unit1234567@gmail.com, and then email the information to each units bishopric ?? That way I would not be using my particular email on each request. As a side note, gives them an address to utilize however they desire.
That's certainly one way of doing it. However, I'd hold back and wait until the unit expresses interest in the offer. For some reason, my wards haven't shown much interest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

Most are already using some type of zoom, free and/or otherwise. My ward has a 40 minute limit for our sacrament meeting, which makes for a nice short meeting, but we are also meeting in person too, with a laptop running zoom at the pulpit for those at home. The biggest concern from my poll of the bishops/branch presidents, is how to use it in the basic mode, much less anything more advanced. The second counselor in our stake sets up our stake presidency and high council meetings from his personal account. We have even had persons call in (or login if they have enough cell service) while out bear hunting and hiking the mountains.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

All,

We continue to work with Zoom on an automated solution to transfer accounts that have failed to transfer through the meet portal. In the meantime, we have identified an alternative method for getting these transferred. If you still have an account that could not be transferred through the portal that you would like transferred, please visit this Microsoft form survey and provide the requested information.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... VOUDRKTS4u

It is critical that you provide all the information requested and that it is accurate. We have successfully tested this with a number of accounts that could not transfer and hope this will be a means of resolving most of the outstanding transfer issues.

Thanks!
ekucinsklds

Post by ekucinsklds »

Hi I have a different issue with the Zoom Activation Process.
I have created all the emails for my stake and wards, and sucessfully registered 5 of the 9 units for a zoom account.
However for 4 of the units, I click the Zoom Activate the account link, follow the link to create account with Password, and on 4/9 I get an error " USER NOT EXIST. (1,001)" I can't get to support because it want a six digit pin code, which can't be gotten since the registration is not working, and the not so AI chat help function has no information on the error code. Any advice?
tkendall1

Post by tkendall1 »

Same problem here: eight out of 10 activations worked fine. But the other two are throwing the “user not exist“ error. All attempts to resolve with Zoom have been futile. The AI chat bot can’t get past not having the host code, and the support phone is unresponsive. Church headquarters will not entertain questions pertaining to this account. Maybe when enough of us complain, somebody with authority will contact zoom and get them to fix the problem.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”