Combined Youth Sunday School Classes

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
seth.wagenman

Combined Youth Sunday School Classes

Post by seth.wagenman »

When I combined three youth Sunday School classes into one via LCR (I am Sunday School president) the only administrators of the new circle created were from the Sunday School presidency. I was unable to make the teachers administrators of the circle, although I was able to add them manually as members.

Please make sure LCR automatically creates teachers as administrators when classes are combined. I will not have time to monitor the circles of youth Sunday School classes nor would I have the skill to do so as someone unacquainted with them on as close a basis as their teachers.

If you want to use me as an example of what went wrong, please look me up and check out the situation in my ward. Courses 13, 14, and 15 are combined in LCR, and all of their students show up in the “Course 13” circle with no teachers as admin. The Course 16, Course 17 circle was automatically created earlier this year I assume and its settings are correct, but I am about to make a massive combined Course 14, Course 15, Course 16, Course 17 class and I have very little confidence it will propagate correctly from LCR.
seth.wagenman

Re: Combined Youth Sunday School Classes

Post by seth.wagenman »

See proof for what is in LCR. These are the teachers of the new combined course, yet they are not admins of the circle and the circle is not named the same as what shows in LCR. At first it was but then it reset to only be Course 13.

[-- Moderator note: Removed attachment with personal information --]
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

936EF011-18F3-47D4-A15A-2B4DB268373F.jpeg
Current list of Circles I see in Gospel Living
(203.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

LCR is not propagating correctly to Gospel Living circles! The two teachers should automatically be administrators of the Circle for their combined class. Instead, they were not even members of the Circle until I manually added them and they are still not administrators. The class is over and I am about to re-shuffle everything for 2021; hoping these glitches do not appear again!
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

Elder Hardy from tech support thought my ward clerk could fix this. For reference my case number is:
GSC06345401
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When were the classes combined? I know it can take unto 24 hours for permissions to get though the system. There might be a similar delay with class changes. Also, combining classes might have disrupted the teacher's callings. The clerk may need to verify that the teachers are part of the combined class and not left in a empty class.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

russellhltn wrote:When were the classes combined? I know it can take unto 24 hours for permissions to get though the system. There might be a similar delay with class changes. Also, combining classes might have disrupted the teacher's callings. The clerk may need to verify that the teachers are part of the combined class and not left in a empty class.
I combined the classes in November 2020. I did not leave the teachers unassigned. See attached screen shot taken this morning (nothing has changed for weeks on end).

[Moderator note: Attachment removed because it contained restricted confidential information.]
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed privacy information
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

seth.wagenman wrote:Please make sure LCR automatically creates teachers as administrators when classes are combined. I will not have time to monitor the circles of youth Sunday School classes nor would I have the skill to do so as someone unacquainted with them on as close a basis as their teachers.
Note that the forums are just for user-to-user help. They are not a method to officially report problems with church software and in almost all cases any problem reported here will not be seen by anyone who can do something about it. The official method of reporting problems is by using the feedback link--in this case the feedback option in the Gospel Living app is probably the best place.

That's not to say that posting here is useless. It's possible that another user may know a way around the problem or may be able to confirm the problem and give more information that can be given in feedback to help the developers. But if there is a problem in the software, just posting about it here won't get it fixed.
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

I submitted a new ticket!

Return to “Gospel Living App”