Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
ourside

Re: Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Post by ourside »

Out of our 12 licenses 3 did not convert over with the correct license. It shows I have a Basic license on those three accounts and don't have the Webinar licenses either. The other accounts are OK. How do we get the license corrected so that they can broadcast their meetings on Sunday without hitting the 40 minute limit?
kd7hto

Post by kd7hto »

I'm having the same issue as was described above. Some of the wards are transferring okay but I have at least one that transferred over as "Basic" and therefore cannot create Webinars. I don't see what was done above to resolve it. Do I need to contact Zoom or does someone at the church coordinate the account type change?

Thank you.
jonathan.thom

Post by jonathan.thom »

Mikerowaved wrote:
jonathan.thom wrote:Same general issues as others but with one more level...
Just curious, were these licenses pre-paid for an annual term or are they on a month-to-month plan?
It is one account on a month to month basis with 4 paid licenses under the one account.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jonathan.thom wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote:Just curious, were these licenses pre-paid for an annual term or are they on a month-to-month plan?
It is one account on a month to month basis with 4 paid licenses under the one account.
In that case, I would just request to terminate that account with Zoom and create new ones under the church's license. If they were pre-paid annual licenses I would try to work through the transfer process.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jay.burgon

Post by jay.burgon »

I'm seeing similar license issues with a ward's account that we transferred yesterday afternoon. We first changed the email address on the account to the new task specific gmail address for the ward then started the account transfer process. It completed but now the license type says Basic while the account profile shows the account type as Enterprise. Webinars can't be created and meetings show a 40 minute time limit. The account was being paid for month to month. I do not see the ward's account under the Zoom enroll page of meet.churchofjesuschrist.org. Does it take some time to update the account license or is the best option to delete the account and recreate it in the meet portal?
jay.burgon

Post by jay.burgon »

Just wanted to provide an updated here. The license finally updated on the account and it is no longer Basic. The existing meetings that were on the account are still there. The only thing I don't see is the the ward's license in the meet.churchofjesuschrist.org zoom-enroll portal. Perhaps that will show up soon.
malablues

Post by malablues »

I failed to notice the instructions (Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account) and created the Zoom account using our Stake's Gmail address that was not associated with Zoom. I had zero issues with setup. The problem I do have is with refunds. Each Ward had their own paid account. How do you apply for refunds on multiple accounts or an account not setup following the prescribed instructions?
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote: When logging in through the web portal I see this:

But when trying to schedule a meeting, I get this:

What's hard is that it used to be a paid account with unlimited meeting times, and now our meetings tomorrow may be cut short to 40 minutes because it got downgraded to "free" tier status.
I've got a second ward experiencing this problem. Where do we report this to get it fixed?

* I've tried the reseller church email in Zoom but got an email back saying that's the wrong person.
* The account says to contact "MHT-Zoom-noReply@churchofjesuschrist.org", but that no-reply part has me thinking this isn't an account where the church replies, and I've tried this email last time with no response.
* The meet.churchofjesuschrist.org has a "Give feedback", which I filled out, but then it says that they appreciate my survey results...

What is the right approach?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What does it say if you look under "Profile" and "License type"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote:What is the right approach?
The Meet Portal Give Feedback link is the right way to contact the right folks, even though it thanks you for the "survey". But it may be Monday (at the earliest) before you hear back from them.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”