Bishops action list link to Calendar no working.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rcaitchison

Bishops action list link to Calendar no working.

Post by rcaitchison »

1. Bishops action list has interview date field.

2. As a user when the action or interview date is set I'm expecting it to show on Bishops interviews calendar. Connecting the data from a list (what) to calendar (when).

Regards Richard

[Moderator edit: Removed one attachment that contained personal information. This is a public forum.]
Attachments
Capturea1.PNG
(30.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bishops action list link to Calendar no working.

Post by russellhltn »

rcaitchison wrote:As a user when the action or interview date is set I'm expecting it to show on Bishops interviews calendar.
That would be nice, but I don't think there is any such link.

The two "Bishop's calendars" are just calendars created by the ward. They're not hard coded or linked to anything else.

In fact, the only fixed/hard coded calendar is the one for the building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rcaitchison

Post by rcaitchison »

Thanks Russell.

We live in a world of smarts, surely the dev team can connect the dots.

How can I request this from the dev Team?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rcaitchison wrote:How can I request this from the dev Team?
You can submit feedback from LCR, but keep in mind that "the customer" is not the members. Development efforts are directed by the various church departments to fit their needs.

And I think you're under estimating the issue. The calendar system is a "blank canvas". You have a bishop's calendar only because someone created a calendar by that name. Other units might have called it something different - if they created one at all. Development would be quite difficult without a standard.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”