Zoom account in Limbo

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
bcleavitt

Zoom account in Limbo

Post by bcleavitt »

The zoom account for our stake is in limbo. Does not exit on Zoom but cannot be deleted from the meet.churchofjesuschrist site. I am unable to proceed with stake zoom meetings till this is resolved but it seems no one wants to respond to the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Zoom account in Limbo

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest leaving feedback on the meet.churchofjesuschrist site. That seems to be the proper way to report problems.

The Global Service Desk isn't supporting Zoom (last I heard).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garrers

Post by garrers »

I am having the same problem. Have spend multiple hours on chat and email with zoom no luck. I have tried all the ways mentioned for a solution no luck.
mwormsby

Post by mwormsby »

Yes, it will not allow me to sign in? It never brought me to a create password page and when I tried to sign in with Google, it says I am not allowed to sign in this way?
bcleavitt

Post by bcleavitt »

It has been reported both here and on the feedback at the "meet" site. No response from anyone at church headquarters. This seems to be a serious oversight. Someone needs to reset the "meet" site so the zoom account can be created. You would think that the "meet" site could detect that the zoom account linked to it does not exist and allow it to be created. It just comes back and says it is blocked by zoom when in fact the account does not exist on zoom. Apparently no one in tech support is really monitoring this or the feedback on the "meet" site.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

bcleavitt wrote:Apparently no one in tech support is really monitoring this or the feedback on the "meet" site.
You are correct that no one in "tech support" is monitoring this user-to-user mutual help forum (in an official capacity) since that is not the purpose of this forum. I don't have any special knowledge of the process but would expect that feedback on the "meet" site is being read by service missionaries and being passed on to those who direct the programmer's priorities.

If you look at other threads in this topic you will see comments from a few church programmers and you could try to PM them through to forum to see if they can assist. I am not an STS, but understand there were specific instructions sent to STSs on how to set these up. I would expect that not following those instructions will not result in a successful result. In addition, it appears from the threads that only the stake STS (and maybe the stake clerk) can do this - no one else can.
baltazarbot

Post by baltazarbot »

Hola buenas tardes, soy secretario de estaca y mi pregunta es : ¿puedo usar un solo correo electronico para crear las cuentas de Zoom de todas las unidades de la estaca?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

baltazarbot wrote:Hola buenas tardes, soy secretario de estaca y mi pregunta es : ¿puedo usar un solo correo electronico para crear las cuentas de Zoom de todas las unidades de la estaca?
You have to use a different email for each Zoom account. However, if you are using an email address at Gmail, you can set up an email address for each unit that will appear different to Zoom but all messages will come back to the same single account. For example, these three emails are different to Zoom but will all associate with stake@gmail.com

stake+ward1@gmail.com
stake+ward2@gmail.com
stake+ward3@gmail.com

The main account is before the + symbol and the variable accounts are after the + symbol.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:I don't have any special knowledge of the process but would expect that feedback on the "meet" site is being read by service missionaries and being passed on to those who direct the programmer's priorities.
I have sent feedback through the Meet Portal several times and usually received a response within a day or two. It appears to me that the feedback sent through the portal is actually being read by Church employees who are trying as best they can to set up these Zoom accounts for each unit while still answering the mail.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”