Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
brad_p

Re: Transfer Local Unit Zoom account to General Church account

Post by brad_p »

russellhltn wrote:What does it say if you look under "Profile" and "License type"?
License Type: Basic

Then under "Account Profile" it says this:

Account Type: Enterprise (Active Host)

Account Name: Church of Jesus Christ - local units
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote:License Type: Basic
That's the problem. What I'm seeing is:
- License Type: Licensed
- Meeting: 500 participants
- Webinar: 500 participants

Did someone change the email on the account from what it was originally associated with on the "meet" page?

I think you said this was a change-over from an existing account. At this point, I'd suggest giving Zoom support a call.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

Right, I know what it's supposed to look like. 4 wards transitioned fine. 2 wards did not and got their paid account downgraded to a basic account under the church enterprise account type.

No email usernames were changed, we didn't do anything fancy. I put in the request. I also approved the process in 1 of the 2 wards that had this downgrade occur. The fault is not on the ward or stake end.
At this point, I'd suggest giving Zoom support a call.
That's the other problem, this entire process is cumbersome without knowing who to contact. From what I gather, I'm supposed to use the survey feedback link at meet.churchofjesuschrist.org.

I can make this ward work for tomorrow. I'm hoping this gets fixed in the next few days.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not up on all the directives, but I'd try the "Licensed users of Pro accounts" link on this page. Just let them know the conflicting information about how you're "on the account" but only have "basic".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jay.burgon

Post by jay.burgon »

I have another ward account that we transferred earlier this week which ended up with a basic license. The account profile says the account type is Enterprise. I've submitted the survey twice and haven't gotten a response. I tried calling zoom support but their system says the account isn't eligible for phone support. I opened a ticket with zoom a few days ago to which I've yet to receive a response. I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

jay.burgon wrote:I have another ward account that we transferred earlier this week which ended up with a basic license. The account profile says the account type is Enterprise. I've submitted the survey twice and haven't gotten a response. I tried calling zoom support but their system says the account isn't eligible for phone support. I opened a ticket with zoom a few days ago to which I've yet to receive a response. I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?
I just got a response by email from someone at the church who fixed this issue. He said "I received the following feedback:" and quoted my survey response in meet.churchofjesuschrist.org. Hopefully your request gets processed soon. If not, PM me and I'll give the email of the church employee who can assist.
chukcha2

Post by chukcha2 »

bretbassett wrote:Many local leaders purchased Zoom accounts before General Church Zoom accounts were available. Local units are encouraged to transfer these accounts to a Church Zoom account. Steps to transfer accounts from the local unit to the Church are provided in the attached PDF document.
We followed this but we got the following response. any ideas? I don't think it sent an email to the email we put in the account email field.
unit zoom account problem.JPG
(93.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chukcha2 wrote:We followed this but we got the following response. any ideas?
I'd follow the suggestion given and try another email address. There's probably something about that account that doesn't allow the transfer.

It might be wise to use a email account that can be transferred as callings change rather than using a personal email.

Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote:
jay.burgon wrote:I have another ward account that we transferred earlier this week which ended up with a basic license. The account profile says the account type is Enterprise. I've submitted the survey twice and haven't gotten a response. I tried calling zoom support but their system says the account isn't eligible for phone support. I opened a ticket with zoom a few days ago to which I've yet to receive a response. I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?
I just got a response by email from someone at the church who fixed this issue. He said "I received the following feedback:" and quoted my survey response in meet.churchofjesuschrist.org. Hopefully your request gets processed soon. If not, PM me and I'll give the email of the church employee who can assist.
Thanks for the update. I'm having the same issue with the 40-minute time limit. I've contacted the Church as you did and I hope to receive a response soon.
mbadzotatenda

Post by mbadzotatenda »

Hey I am from Bindura District and I am the clerk I am failing to create the prepaid zoom account for the Stake. How can I create the prepaid zoom account

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”